I Want to Stream Console Games to Twitch TV... Equipment-wise Where Do I Start?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So, for a while I've really wanted to start streaming games on the internet via Twitch TV. However, my knowledge of PC hardware is nearly nonexistent. Until a year and a half ago, I only owned an old hand-me-down windows clunker from a friend (since my parents were stubbornly against me owning a computer, even at age freaking 21), and all I've owned since then are a Macbook I recently got rid of and now an Asus Transformer Pad with a keyboard dock.

To my understanding, Twitch doesn't officially support streaming console games, but there are workarounds using the right software and strong enough PC hardware with special hookups and stuff. My question to those with knowledge and/or experience is (mainly) what should I look for in a PC to accomplish such a purpose? I'm not a PC gamer and don't intend to become one, so it doesn't need to be more powerful than high-quality twich streaming requires. What software would I need? How fast should my internet connection be? How much should I be ready to spend to accomplish this? What potential hiccups should I be prepared to deal with?

Any pointers guiding me in the right direction are most appreciated! :)

PS: To my knowledge, I own none of the required equipment whatsoever except an HD TV and my consoles.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
for software
there are may thing to use
2 of there are
X-split (paid for it)

OBS (FREE)

use a capture card(you will pay s goof about for HD capture card) to capture the video out put of the system you my need a app like
KM-player to get the video and use the streaming software to capture the video out put

you Internet upload need to be good as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: hola mi hermano