Hacking [idea] Browser downgrading

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe someone on here (may have been @Ryccardo ) used ftpii everywhere to downgrade the browser. I just remember a video of him doing that.
Yes, that is correct. Details can be found in this thread. However, according to some posts in the thread, the downgrading process with FTP is actually pointless, because the downgraded browser can only be run with CFW. I'm not aware of anyone successfully downgrading the browser on 5.5.2 in a way that can be run on OFW.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to have 5.5.2 with a 5.5.1 browser is to manually update to 5.5.2 from a lower version using a modified WUP Installer without installing the 5.5.2 browser.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I've been trying to help a friend downgrade his browser, but now it seems pointless. he's running cbhc though. he accidentally updated by accessing the eshop.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I've been trying to help a friend downgrade his browser, but now it seems pointless. he's running cbhc though. he accidentally updated by accessing the eshop.
If I were your friend, I would do the following:
  1. Add the proper DNS settings to block possible future updates.
  2. Delete the update folder from the NAND with FTP to block possible future updates.
  3. Download Crunchyroll from the eShop to be used as an emergency primary exploit in the future if something were to happen to his Haxchi/CBHC.

Reactions: godreborn

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people wanted to restore the browser as an option in case they needed to remove Haxchi for whatever reason. They just want to undo the damage that 5.5.2 did, if that makes sense.
I know a lot of people who were inadvertently updated that would prefer to have the exploitable browser even if they have Haxchi.
Ah, so paranoid people who have no real reason for needing it. Thanks for clarifying and good luck with the project! ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back