Catjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greetings, dear people of GBAtemp! :)
Truly sorry for making a thread on something this niche, but, after several hours spent desperately trying to solve this unfathomable issue, I am left with no choice but to turn to you all :')

Long story short: I am trying to extract the entirety of Bayonetta 2's music. Now, what I usually do when ripping the audio of a standard Wii U title (in NUS format) is decode its content using CDecrypt, go for the sound files located in "content/sound/bgm" (most often encoded in CRI ADX), open them in foobar2000 using VGMstream, convert them to FLAC/WAV and call it a day.
However, for some unexplained reasons, Bayonetta 2 seems to be purposefully hiding the location of its VGMs:

are present in the "content" directory 2 folders and 4 files at the its root:
- The 4 files ("data 000" to "data 003") are cpk archives which, when opened with Noesis (a model viewer program), reveal to store the game's visual assets (models, sprites, textures...)

- The 1st folder, named "Movie", is where the game's video cutscenes are located

And, the 2nd folder, the most promising, "sound", contains 2 files at its root, as well as 4 other folders:

- The 2 files at the root ("Wwiseinfo.wai" and "init.bnk") are probably stats files considering their size (113 KB and 2.40 KB respectively. Neither foobar2000 nor VLC are willing to open them anyway)

- The "English(US)" and "Japanese" folders contain battle voice lines

-Another folder, "pck", holds a 1.9MB pck archive (extractable with raviolli gametools), entitled "All.pck", that, as you can not tell by the name, only stores cutscene voice lines as well as very short extracts of some of the music used during certain cutscenes

-And, at last, the "bgm" folder DOES contain the game's soundtrack!...in snippets lasting no more than 2-3 seconds...

I...seriously have no clue what to do now.
Either the game shipped with no soundtrack what soever (which, surprisingly enough, seems highly improbable) or I am doing something wrong!
And while that can be true, I do not see how simply opening and extracting files could spell such disasters! (given the programs used for such operations work, of course. But that seems to be the case, and, besides, I've tried quite a lot of programs (CriPakTools, VGMtoolbox, Noesis...) , and would be genuinely surprised if all of them failed me)

Oh, well...Any help would be appreciated :rofl::cry:
Seriously though, thank you so much for taking the time to read me!
May everyone have a magnificent day! ^_^

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this problem.

But may I ask: Is it only the soundtrack you are after? Or do you need it for something more specific, not just for listening? I could help you with this, at least.

Catjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this problem.

But may I ask: Is it only the soundtrack you are after? I could help you with this, at least.
That is indeed the case...but there is a twist (is there not always :wink:):

I already possess a digital copy of the game's 5 CD set soundtrack. *However*, as the audio masters used for this release got utterly butchered by the Loudness War, I was wondering if the original masters used for the game were not less compressed (Such is what happened for Xenoblade Chronicles X, for example: The original soundtrack turned almost every track into brick-walls, while the game's audio files kept an excellent dynamic range)

But thanks anyway for your proposition! Have a great day !;)

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is indeed the case...but there is a twist (is there not always :wink:):

I already possess a digital copy of the game's 5 CD set soundtrack. *However*, as the audio masters used for this release got utterly butchered by the Loudness War, I was wondering if the original masters used for the game were not less compressed (Such is what happened for Xenoblade Chronicles X, for example: The original soundtrack turned almost every track into brick-walls, while the game's audio files kept an excellent dynamic range)

But thanks anyway for your proposition! Have a great day !;)
Oh, I didn't know about the Loudness War, very interesting indeed! You're welcome, have a great day as well! :)

I'm sure some people here have the knowledge you are searching for. Another idea would be asking the people over at Squid-Board for help. Ripping music from games should be their daily bread, so to speak. :lol:

Catjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I didn't know about the Loudness War, very interesting indeed! You're welcome, have a great day as well! :)

I'm sure some people here have the knowledge you are searching for. Another idea would be asking the people over at Squid-Board for help. Ripping music from games should be their daily bread, so to speak. :lol:
Hey, thanks for the advice (and your kind words)! ^_^
I'll also try and ask their wisdom then:lol:

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol