Hacking [IDEA] Free Smash DLC without sigpatcher

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!
Some days ago, i was able to get smash DLC on unmodded Loadiine with launching game in Mii Maker mode (which doesn't support dlc afaik)
So, this is how i made it : download and decrypt the game in loadiine format. Do the same with latest update (v304), put everything in sd card as normal.
Download the cafiine mod for free dlc (i can't link it here just google it) and replace the files in update with the dlc ones.
Il launched the game in Loadiine and i got dlc working.
So, i was wndering, what if you do that with game installed on nand or usb ? Instead of replacing files on sd card, we can just replace them in update using ftpiiu everywhere.
Unfortunately, i can't test it myself cause my usb isn't large enough.
Can someone test it and report if it works or not ? It would be great.
I think that can be pretty useful for those who don't want to install Haxchi/CBHC

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. You only need to run ftpiiu once. 2.For this method you need at least one legit dlc installed, and smash bros hasn't any free dlc.
Yes and you only need to wait the 20 secs for mocha to load to use the dlc each time people are far to impatient these days. Or do something drastic and actually buy some dlc legally.

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes and you only need to wait the 20 secs for mocha to load to use the dlc each time people are far to impatient these days. Or do something drastic and actually buy some dlc legally.
I prefer waiting 5-10 mins for the files to be sended to game while i can do other thing than waiting 20 secs and need sd card everytime i want to play. And i think €35 DLC like this is bullshit.

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but this is for those who don't want to take risk of installing coldboot.
And if you have it, SDCafiine isn't needed, just install it with WUP
Well. People haven't bricked with coldboot as often as they have ruined their smash save by screwing with the game files.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know you can screw save by modifying game. Just do backups, and maybe people that don't want haxchi/CBHC just don't want to pay for a hax.
And if they don'twant to pay for a hax they have mocha which is free. You have came up with a solution to a problem that already has much better options.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know you can screw save by modifying game. Just do backups, and maybe people that don't want haxchi/CBHC just don't want to pay for a hax.
Look. If you can get it to work. Great. You will have beaten the entire scene to the punch after years of people trying. If you cant. Just use the browser. It's free.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And if they don'twant to pay for a hax they have mocha which is free. You have came up with a solution to a problem that already has much better options.
Look. If you can get it to work. Great. You will have beaten the entire scene to the punch after years of people trying. If you cant. Just use the browser. It's free.
I just bring this because this is faster to my mind and you don't need your sd everytime

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!
Some days ago, i was able to get smash DLC on unmodded Loadiine with launching game in Mii Maker mode (which doesn't support dlc afaik)
So, this is how i made it : download and decrypt the game in loadiine format. Do the same with latest update (v304), put everything in sd card as normal.
Download the cafiine mod for free dlc (i can't link it here just google it) and replace the files in update with the dlc ones.
Il launched the game in Loadiine and i got dlc working.
So, i was wndering, what if you do that with game installed on nand or usb ? Instead of replacing files on sd card, we can just replace them in update using ftpiiu everywhere.
Unfortunately, i can't test it myself cause my usb isn't large enough.
Can someone test it and report if it works or not ? It would be great.
I think that can be pretty useful for those who don't want to install Haxchi/CBHC
It will work if the mod only changes the content folder. Anything in the content folder isn't sig checked. But if it edits stuff in the code folder it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol