Hacking Question If I keep a clean NAND, but use emuMMC for hacking, will I be safe from bans?

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
If I keep a clean NAND, but use emuMMC for hacking, will I be safe from bans? I'm asking this because I'd like to do hacks on my Switch without changing anything on my NAND. Basically, I'd like to know if emuMMC is completely seperate from NAND.

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't post this in the Ask! section, I had to use a different account due to losing my 2FA device, and I assume you have to make enough posts before you can post in the Ask! section.

Masterlink_02

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The risk is always there, of course as of right now this is the "safest" option available, however you need to remember to never connect your emummc to the internet, and even with that we are all in danger since the moment we inject a payload to our switches.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As long as you patch your emuNAND with Incognito, and never boot sysNAND CFW or boot sysNAND from RCM, and if you want to be extra safe use a separate SD card for emuNAND, then your legit and CFW/homebrew activities are completely isolated from eachother. EmuNAND is essentially like having a second Switch, only if you get banned on one NAND, you get banned on both. But that's why you patch with Incognito.

Reactions: franky86

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
As long as you patch your emuNAND with Incognito, and never boot sysNAND CFW or boot sysNAND from RCM, and if you want to be extra safe use a separate SD card for emuNAND, then your legit and CFW/homebrew activities are completely isolated from eachother. EmuNAND is essentially like having a second Switch, only if you get banned on one NAND, you get banned on both. But that's why you patch with Incognito.
What does it mean to patch an emuNAND with Incognito? Also, if I make an emuNAND through hekate, would it copy my current sysNAND, or would it be like starting a freshly wiped Nintendo Switch?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean to patch an emuNAND with Incognito? Also, if I make an emuNAND through hekate, would it copy my current sysNAND, or would it be like starting a freshly wiped Nintendo Switch?
What incognito does is it wipes your serial number from the nand, it also gives you the option to back up your number. Wwlhen you wipe your serial number, it prevents you from connecting to Nintendo servers/services while still being connected to the internet. To answer the second question, creating an emunand will copy from your sysnand. So whatever you have installed and save etc. Will be in emunand.

TLDR:
Create emunand with hekate, google for guides. Install incognito on emunand (no need to back up your emunand serial number since ya not gonna go on nintendo services in emunand) then you'll be in the "safest" way possible besides having 2 sd cards. One for ofw (no cfw) and one for emunand (cfw)

Reactions: Empty02

Empty02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I've a switch running AMS 0.10.5 on emuNAND, but if i remove the sdcard the switch just boots to Hekate.

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Also, in case I want to transfer save data from emuNAND to sysNAND, is there a payload that boots into a save manager?
EDIT: I just got my newcomer, so I'll post in Ask! now.

Last edited by Brayton1-7,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter. As they said.. YOU COULD BE BANNED NO MATTER WHAT. That's simple.

Buy 2nd Switch if you really need ONLINE so badly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It will copy your sysNAND, but it won't copy game data on SD (emuNAND uses SD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo instead of SD:\Nintendo so if you want your existing eShop games on emuNAND you have to move them there, but usually you would probably want to keep your legit games on sysNAND to get updates and use online etc.)

Incognito, as the name suggests, makes your emuNAND unrecognizable by Nintendo servers, they won't let you connect online in this state, but anything that can be traced back to the actual Switch (serial number, cert etc.) is patched out.
It doesn't matter. As they said.. YOU COULD BE BANNED NO MATTER WHAT. That's simple.

Buy 2nd Switch if you really need ONLINE so badly.
If you take every precaution I mentioned including using a separate SD for CFW/emuNAND, the system is 100% stock when booted into OFW, there are no files or anything left over from homebrew or CFW on the legit SD, meaning there is 100% no way you could get banned.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
It will copy your sysNAND, but it won't copy game data on SD (emuNAND uses SD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo instead of SD:\Nintendo so if you want your existing eShop games on emuNAND you have to move them there, but usually you would probably want to keep your legit games on sysNAND to get updates and use online etc.)

Incognito, as the name suggests, makes your emuNAND unrecognizable by Nintendo servers, they won't let you connect online in this state, but anything that can be traced back to the actual Switch (serial number, cert etc.) is patched out.
Alright. I found a NRO version of incognito, but I'm looking for a payload of it. Do you know where I could download that?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you take every precaution I mentioned including using a separate SD for CFW/emuNAND, the system is 100% stock when booted into OFW, there are no files or anything left over from homebrew or CFW on the legit SD, meaning there is 100% no way you could get banned.

I understand your point. That is possible but it is always risk anyway.

Brayton1-7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: spotanjo3

Jinzoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello everyone, i've seen some new informations here for me, I'm new at this, I got my cousin's switch that is hacked but no emunand, and i connected once to internet bet stop after downloading a game with tinfoil, and never connected it again (i have 90dns block on and custom dns to block Nintendo servers befor i did this) now i discovered emunand and i'm planning to buy a new sd to make amunand, i wanna know a way so i can 1st copy my emunand exactly like sysnand so i don't lose my saves, and I want the sysnand to be free from any hack, and formated.

Jinzoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
The geme never showed installed, and I didn't try again, the console never connected to internet, so is there anyway to format it and get a copy of sysnand on emunand?

xawak67952

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you can just factory reset your console and using hekate create emuNAND (google it how to do it exactly)
Regarding Tinfoil, if the application is available from home screen and not HB menu you NAND is ""dirty"" and you will get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo