If I wanted to move to US this is what I'd need?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 12,648
  • Replies 236
  • Likes 4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lived in Ebisu for a while and then went to a village "near" Osaka (千早赤阪村), it was very nice there.

Lived in a few places as part of an internship, one area was called Takasu, a suburb of Hiroshima, and another one I remember was Maizuru, a city of 90,000 in the Kyoto prefecture; what I loved about that were the huge rice fields and old wooden houses in the summer. Man, I miss that place.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lived in a few places as part of an internship, one area was called Takasu, a suburb of Hiroshima, and another one I remember was Maizuru, a city of 90,000 in the Kyoto prefecture; what I loved about that were the huge rice fields and old wooden houses in the summer. Man, I miss that place.
That sounds lovely! I'd love to live in Japan one day.

Reactions: the_randomizer

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Relevant.
hwrd6u3ukidz.jpg

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lived in Ebisu for a while and then went to a village "near" Osaka (千早赤阪村), it was very nice there.
i fell in love with morika and its people i so nearly got married there ... but if u get married in japan u have to give up you nationality so if i went home i would be a tourist so i didnt in the end but the Japanese girls treated me like a god and the guys i new became very very good friends i miss them all

Reactions: Pacheko17

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree Trump's as ass...
But sadly, when that ass got the presidence, it wasn't him who won, it was all that hate, division and racism among all United States of America's citizens (I'm American, even though I don't live and wasn't born in that country) against anything and anyone that were diferent. Even when that ass leaves the presidence and someone else take his place, all that hate, division and racism will persist. Because Trump just appeared to make it more public and in a very stupid way, "politically correct". And that`s something that sadly will prevail after that ass are long gone.

As long as that ass is the president I wouldn't want to live in that country. It used to be a really nice place to live in but not anymore.

The hate and division isn't there because of Trump. The Clintons and the left are the one who create that divide.
Stop with your political correctness and "MUH FEELINGS" bullshit, you're weak, the left made you weak and unfortunately because of people like you, America almost turned into pussyland.

Trump 2020.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The hate and division isn't there because of Trump. The Clintons and the left are the one who create that divide.
Stop with your political correctness and "MUH FEELINGS" bullshit, you're weak, the left made you weak and unfortunately because of people like you, America almost turned into pussyland.

Trump 2020.

You can't read properly... I never stated that, that ass created/invented hate, division and racism. I actually stated the opposite. When that ass used hate, division and racism on his political campaign, he just made it more public and "politically correct". Hate, division and racism is something that exists in every single country (even more when that country's inhabitants are from so varied human races), but most of the time it's hidden from public and even more from politics when someone that can be seen as a minority representative is on a high-level political/public charge. That's what happened when Obama was your president.

Sadly most of the time people tend to forget history, and keep making the very same mistakes again and again.

Please learn to read and interpret the texts before your eyes, and try (at least) to come with a valid opinion afterwards.

No more answers from me.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
england is my city.

i live in a very hot place, i wish i lived somewhere in europe instead of this hellish boring/hot mid east.

(oh and btw. those prerequirements are alot, i think to get japanese citizenship is even harder than the u.s one).

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want to live there temporarily (up to 6 years) and have a job offer, you can get an H-1B visa. If you want to become a Permanent Resident, you have a few options:
  • win the Diversity Visa lottery (you need at least a high school diploma or equivalent to apply)
  • marry a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (in good faith)
  • become a famous or highly skilled person
  • have at least a 4-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent (or a 3-year one plus 3 years of work experience in a related field) a job offer or an H-1B visa (if your employer is willing to sponsor you)
  • invest at least $500.000
  • have a sibling (who must be a citizen) or a parent (who must be a Permanent Resident or a citizen if you are <21 and not married, or a citizen if you are >21 years old or married) sponsor you
  • there are a few other ways to obtain a Green Card
Note that you cannot not get a temporary visa (except H-1B or K-1) with the intention of becoming a Permanent Resident. If you manage to become one, stay in the country for at least 6 months in 1 year or you may lose your Permanent Resident status (you can get a permit that allows you to stay out of the country for up to 2 years while keeping your Permanent Resident status). If you immigrate through marriage or investment, you will become a Conditional Permanent Resident for 2 years and you'll have to remove the condition before your status expires.
Also, while if your Green Card expires after 10 years, your Permanent Resident status doesn't. You'll have to keep the Green Card with you at all times. If the Green Card expires or you lose it, you can renew it. Also, be sure to sign up for the Selective Services if you have to, and don't forget to request your Social Security card during your interview, if possible. You can request it later, but until you actually receive it you won't be able to work.
If you want to get rid of your Green Card or want to vote or access to all jobs, you can apply for naturalization after 5 years (3 if you became a Permanent Resident through marriage) if you meet certain requirements.

Always tell the truth during all interviews. If you become a citizen but they later find out you lied during your interview, you may lose your citizenship.
Also, DO NOT COMMIT ANY CRIME or you might get temporarily (or permanently) barred from citizenship. Also, if you commit crimes like murder, rape, theft, etc... you may lose your Permanent Resident status forever and you won't be able to apply for another Green Card.

And yes, I would like to move there too. While I do believe some U.S. citizens don't like where they live, every state is different: there are 50 states to choose from. I really, really want to have my own house in a quiet place, a decently paid job, fast Internet and the latest and greatest technology (which sometimes arrives late in my country and it's hardly affordable here anyway).

I do not care about Trump, as long as he doesn't suspend my Permanent Resident status (if I manage to get it anyway), but it seems he's only interested in suspending Green Cards of people from "State Sponsors of Terrorism Countries". If he manages to get his bill approved, though, the DV lottery would be cancelled.

Assuming you only have a high school diploma, you should definitely apply for the next DV lottery, IF you want to move there indefinitely (otherwise just go for a temporary visa and leave this chance to other people who really want to live there).

EDIT: both Permanent Residents and citizens are taxed based on their worldwide income. This also means that if you become a U.S. citizen and move to another country, you will still have to pay your taxes. Also, if you want to become a U.S. citizen, check whether your county lets you retain your current citizenship. Note that if are already a U.S. citizen and became a citizen of another country, you lose your U.S. citizenship. Also, all U.S. citizens (including dual nationals) must enter the U.S. using their U.S. passport. Citizens have the right to live and work in their country, while being a Permanent Resident is a privilege.

Last edited by nastys,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also, DO NOT COMMIT ANY CRIME or you might get temporarily (or permanently) barred from citizenship. Also, if you commit crimes like murder, rape, theft, etc... you may lose your Permanent Resident status forever and you won't be able to apply for another Green Card.
The way you wrote that is really really bizarre. Like i get what you mean. But it's like "don't do this until you're a full citizen" hah

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Also, DO NOT COMMIT ANY CRIME or you might get temporarily (or permanently) barred from citizenship. Also, if you commit crimes like murder, rape, theft, etc...

Thanks for the detailed post but um, I get what you mean by mentioning this though I've never been arrested or committed a crime. :P

No one in their good sense would do any of those atrocious acts.

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the detailed post but um, I get what you mean by mentioning this though I've never been arrested or committed a crime. :P

No one in their good sense would do any of those atrocious acts.
Hopefully, since they will probably ask you if you have commited any crimes for which you haven't been arrested. You can't lie, remember... :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hopefully, since they will probably ask you if you have commited any crimes for which you haven't been arrested. You can't lie, remember... :P
Well, to be honest, I was actually arrested several times.. GTA. :P

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't read properly... I never stated that, that ass created/invented hate, division and racism. I actually stated the opposite. When that ass used hate, division and racism on his political campaign, he just made it more public and "politically correct". Hate, division and racism is something that exists in every single country (even more when that country's inhabitants are from so varied human races), but most of the time it's hidden from public and even more from politics when someone that can be seen as a minority representative is on a high-level political/public charge. That's what happened when Obama was your president.

Sadly most of the time people tend to forget history, and keep making the very same mistakes again and again.

Please learn to read and interpret the texts before your eyes, and try (at least) to come with a valid opinion afterwards.

No more answers from me.

Hurr durr, no more answers for me.
How sad, the snowflake won't talk to me anymore.

Trump did not use any of those things, you're just a butthurt mexican who was lied to by the media.
Trump doesn't hate you, neither do his supporters. Seek for the truth, stop believing lies and going with the "hate" bullshit narrative.

Obama has never been my president too.

Please stop using "BUT UR DUMB AND CANT READ" as an argument, it makes you look stupid.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Trump 2020.

No more answers from me.
You're both wrong. If you think a political party or a president can create a social divide or create racism/hatred in citizens then you're naive. The divide comes from a lack of respect for the process at play within our system, and the belief that our ideas are somehow immutable and a part of ourselves, that having an idea be challenged is a personal attack.

The hatred and racism you see in this country was already there. I would argue that even more of it is imagined. We vote for our best representation. People voted for Trump because he represented the interests they already have.

Honestly, I'm tired of people turning everything into a liberal/conservative flamewar. These terms don't even correctly label the groups that use them anymore. It's all bullshit and the largest portion of the population can't put their attention to real problems that need dealt with in this country because their heads are full of useless politics.

If people could see the true oppression (the economic one), they would realize that none of these politicians have our interests at heart and the silly sjw/conservative white knight shit is keeping us dumb and obedient. Fuck.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe all the entitled kids that wrote in this thread saying that you shouldn't get to the US because they don't like their president should actually go to places like South America or Africa to see how life is there.
We weren't comparing it with third world places with civil wars etc. We were comparing it to other first world, peaceful places.

Reactions: dimmidice

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i fell in love with morika and its people i so nearly got married there ... but if u get married in japan u have to give up you nationality so if i went home i would be a tourist so i didnt in the end but the Japanese girls treated me like a god and the guys i new became very very good friends i miss them all
What are you on about? There is absolutely no need to give up your citizenship if you marry someone Japanese. That requirement is only there if you want to become a naturalized citizen, which you absolutely do not need to get a spousal visa.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo