Gaming If Tvs.C sells well, can we see a Nintendo vs. Capcom coming?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a prediction that Nintendo will announce at E3 this year a Nintendo vs. Capcom collaboration fighting game, but only if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sells well. Would you be willing to buy Tvs.C to support Capcom in making this come true? If the fighting game was announced, do you want to see it Smash Bros. style or Capcom VS. style?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Nintendo doesn't usually do things we want.

If it sells well then we'll see more Capcom fighters on the Wii that is for sure.

Already got my cash for the game, really enjoyed the Japanese version but it won't sell.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, Nintendo seems quite stingy with their copyrights nowadays, especially with Nintendo being the "family friendly" company. And considering how Capcom and the Wii are doing, I wouldn't count on it. Darkside Chronicles was an excellent game that blew chunks at sales. Dead Rising was a previously excellent game that blew chunks on the Wii. I think the only real high point for both sides was RE4, but even then that was a port of an already amazing game that was only like $20, brand new.

Nintendo wouldn't lend out their roster of characters for fighting games outside of Smash Bros. That's pretty definitive.

Still, I can see a T vs. C 2 coming around. Speed Racer and Resident Evil characters?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, Nintendo seems quite stingy with their copyrights nowadays, especially with Nintendo being the "family friendly" company. And considering how Capcom and the Wii are doing, I wouldn't count on it. Darkside Chronicles was an excellent game that blew chunks at sales. Dead Rising was a previously excellent game that blew chunks on the Wii. I think the only real high point for both sides was RE4, but even then that was a port of an already amazing game that was only like $20, brand new.
RE4 did have the avantage of being on a, at the time unhacked console and it was also advertised very well, at least over here. Its just too easy to play back-ups on the Wii now.

I think the main problem is a lack of advertising, over here HotD: Overkill had a great advert and you actually saw it on the Telly and it did well over here for such a niche game with the highest age rating a game could have here. I really do think a good ad campaign would do this game a world of good, from what I've seen even casuals love to have a blast on a fighter and when I go to the local arcades they're having a great load of fun and want to have the same sort of fun at home.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing. Nintendo did put Link in SCII, so I wouldn't say that all hope is lost. I would definitely put money up for a Nintendo Vs. game, that's for sure.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

Nintendo wouldn't lend out their roster of characters for fighting games outside of Smash Bros. That's pretty definitive.

Still, I can see a T vs. C 2 coming around. Speed Racer and Resident Evil characters?

Well, they did put Link in Soul Calibur 2 so for that part your wrong.

As for the question, I would actually purchase the game for that to happen and for the style, I would want a smash bros style game. Because if Nintendo ends on Brawl, then I'll be more than dissapointed. But if a Nintendo vs Capcom happens, then who knows... Could be great but like what someone else said in this thread "Nintendo doesn't do what we want" and that is a fact.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Would be cool.. and would sell very well IMO. It would cater to both the Smash Bros fans and the Capcom fighting games fans.. I don't see how it could go wrong.

But, I doubt it will ever happen
frown.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkshadow96 said:
Well, they did put Link in Soul Calibur 2 so for that part your wrong.

Yeah well Nintendo have been open to letting their characters be in none Nintendo games, they even let EA have Mario & Luigi for a Gamecube NBA Street game. Nintendo and Capcom have a great relationship, always had and always will. A Smash Bros Vs Capcom would be a great title, its just getting both Capcom & Nintendo in a room to discuss it. You've got Capcom who want to make it themselves and Nintendo who'd want their 1st/2nd party devs to do it, that would probably be the only thing stopping it.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of the past month of my 'stinginess' I would pay good money for TvC if they would confirm a NvC if sales did well. That would be EPIC, my two favourite companies
biggrin.gif

And no Brawl style, hell no, Capcom all the way. IMO it makes it a much more hardcore and enjoyable experience. But what kind of graphics would it have? Would it reuse the TvC graphics or go in the directon of Blaz Blue (well, Guilty Gear as well since they made this game) with it's HD sprites.

noregister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One problem I see with that is Nintendo may not want their "E-Rated" characters in the same game as some of Capcom's characters but on the other hand they put Snake in brawl and Capcom does have lots of characters from relatively non violent games that could be used. A Capcom vs Nintendo game could never be ported to 360/PS3 so it probably has a lesser chance of high revenue for Capcom, and I'm thinking Nintendo would probably demand a larger percentage of profits than most other companies would.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TvC is never gonna be ported and they still didn't mind making TvC, so I see no problem. I don't see the two companies collaborating (not cuz of ratings, that usually doesn't affect anything when it comes to a fighter) at all, but oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...