If Windows 7 is dead... would you update to 8 or 10?

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
No disrespect to anyone thinking otherwise, but i upgrade to the new windows (whatever the version) as soon as the final versions are out for a few days/weeks, not out of fear, just out of not rushing to update. If there is no upgrade function, i wait until i am at a point where i could reformat without blocking any work i am doing due to the time needed for setting up things etc.

I cannot see a single reason on staying on older windows or any other os at all, unless there is a hardware (necessary hardware only) incompatibility you are waiting to be resolved first or if you already know the new os is too heavy for your configuration.

Have not used a computer with windows 7 since windows 8.1 and if i could get a license sooner i would switch sooner. The main gripe of everyone with windows 8, the start button is funny if you consider that pressing the windows key produced pretty much the same result, just full screen instead of a smaller popup.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Win10 uses 1.2gb of ram for me on idle, KDE (In KDE Neon) uses 600mbs.
It's ridiculous.

It's not at all. Windows is making use of the ram you have paid for by pre-loading commonly used applications into memory to reduce their load times.

Read up on SuperFetch.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Win10 uses 1.2gb of ram for me on idle, KDE (In KDE Neon) uses 600mbs.
It's ridiculous.

Less users = Less developers making software = Less users
It's a cycle, I recommend everyone at least try out Linux, it's just great. There are very few things nowadays that Linux can't do.
Most of the people who refuse though are actually just gaming, which is totally possible on Linux with Wine and so many ports now...

While I do somewhat care about games, what's stopping me from switching to primarily using Linux is my need for very specific 3d modelling software and DAWs. Until those things are more reliable on Linux, it's not for me. I'm not willing to spend time relearning software just because the ones I need to use can't run effectively on Linux.

I do like to mess around on Distros for fun, but it's nothing I can take seriously. I'd rather use more idle RAM on Windows than not be able to work because I'm using a less compatible OS, and Wine is not an end-all be-all solution.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.