If you could change one thing about humans, what would it be?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 6,291
  • Replies 91

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fellow said:
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
Fellow said:
Our need for religion.

Humans don't need religion, that is a personal choice.

Do you think religion exists only because of Humans?
Because we have no means to communicate with animals and therefore cannot ascertain that they understand the concept of religion, logic would let us infer that the answer is yes. However, creating something does not mean you need it, which is why humans don't need Big Macs in order to survive. This may be a poor analogy, but hopefully you get the point.

I personally find nothing wrong with religion itself, just with religious zealots, who are, by the way, every bit as bad as atheists that make it their life's mission to tell religious people they're wrong. I'm not trying to say that you fall in this category, just that it'd be a poor assumption to think that all religious people are irrational fools and all atheists are wonderful fellows.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Fellow said:
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
Fellow said:
Our need for religion.

Humans don't need religion, that is a personal choice.

Do you think religion exists only because of Humans?
Because we have no means to communicate with animals and therefore cannot ascertain that they understand the concept of religion, logic would let us infer that the answer is yes. However, creating something does not mean you need it, which is why humans don't need Big Macs in order to survive. This may be a poor analogy, but hopefully you get the point.

I personally find nothing wrong with religion itself, just with religious zealots, who are, by the way, every bit as bad as atheists that make it their life's mission to tell religious people they're wrong. I'm not trying to say that you fall in this category, just that it'd be a poor assumption to think that all religious people are irrational fools and all atheists are wonderful fellows.

I respect you because I agree, sorry about coming off a certain way.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Human supremacy over other animals. It pisses me off alot.
I can't say I fully understand why, I mean, I understand environmentalism and wanting to preserve species, but the very basis of the theory of natural selection is that the creatures most fit for survival do so and reign supreme, and mankind is the most well-equipped creature. I'd go as far to say that it'd be a terrible idea to treat squirrels as equals and give them all the same rights we have, not because I have some irrational hatred for squirrels, but because of the gap in intellectual capability, squirrels wouldn't even need or be capable of using these rights.

I apologize for being argumentative in this thread, and I'm going to stop posting now, but for some reason I enjoy debating, especially with these types of topics.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
machomuu said:
Human supremacy over other animals. It pisses me off alot.
I can't say I fully understand why, I mean, I understand environmentalism and wanting to preserve species, but the very basis of the theory of natural selection is that the creatures most fit for survival do so and reign supreme, and mankind is the most well-equipped creature. I'd go as far to say that it'd be a terrible idea to treat squirrels as equals and give them all the same rights we have, not because I have some irrational hatred for squirrels, but because of the gap in intellectual capability, squirrels wouldn't even need or be capable of using these rights.

I apologize for being argumentative in this thread, and I'm going to stop posting now, but for some reason I enjoy debating, especially with these types of topics.
Well it's more the attitude we as humans have towards animal. In many cases we treat them like dirt, kill them unnecessarily, and look down on them because we think we're better than them. But it really ticks me off when someone says something like, "It's just a dog". I can't stand that way of thinking.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:
I would not change a thing.

To my understanding, there exists nothing in man that ought not be there, nor is there anything that man genuinely lacks. Furthermore there is nothing I can imagine removing or adding to man that would not in actuality result in a change for the worst. The conflict and strife that arise in our lives and in society in general is not due to any excess or deficit in man. Rather, it is our failure to regulate and temper the many facets of our being, that results in the perpetual struggle that grasps mankind.

But to struggle is quintessentially what defines the human condition. To change anything in man, is to destroy what "man" essentially is. For all the pain that man must endure, I for one would have it no other way. To live is to toil, but there is a beauty to the labor and it is a beauty I would not soon trade.

Great question OP. Very thought provoking.
If changing a man is destroying them than fine. I whether it be a change in man so some how we can live in world peace with freedom.
If only can it be a world of no suffering and remained "man" as you say.

I guess you consider the world darkest people human?

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Prophet said:
I would not change a thing.

To my understanding, there exists nothing in man that ought not be there, nor is there anything that man genuinely lacks. Furthermore there is nothing I can imagine removing or adding to man that would not in actuality result in a change for the worst. The conflict and strife that arise in our lives and in society in general is not due to any excess or deficit in man. Rather, it is our failure to regulate and temper the many facets of our being, that results in the perpetual struggle that grasps mankind.

But to struggle is quintessentially what defines the human condition. To change anything in man, is to destroy what "man" essentially is. For all the pain that man must endure, I for one would have it no other way. To live is to toil, but there is a beauty to the labor and it is a beauty I would not soon trade.

Great question OP. Very thought provoking.
If changing a man is destroying them than fine. I whether it be a change in man so some how we can live in world peace with freedom.
If only can it be a world of no suffering and remained "man" as you say.

I guess you consider the world darkest people human?

mellow.gif

What do you actually consider the "darkest people"? Do you literally think they are monsters or in some capacity not human?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Blood Fetish said:
TwinRetro said:
Our sense of "ownership". There would be no war if no one actually "owned" anything.
Except for the whole culture, religion, opinion thing.

Without ownership, there would be no borders save natural ones, so religion, overall opinion and culture would ultimately be universal.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Egotism, Jealousy or Selfishness.

To me all three of them are equal to be the same thing that I would want to remove from a human being.

Linkiboy said:
I would remove Rebecca Black

Forget that... She's gonna be gone soon, quite soon...

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Blood Fetish said:
TwinRetro said:
Our sense of "ownership". There would be no war if no one actually "owned" anything.

Without ownership, there would be no borders save natural ones, so religion, overall opinion and culture would ultimately be universal.
unsure.gif
You really believe living in the same space would make people have the same religion and culture?

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Blood Fetish said:
TwinRetro said:
Blood Fetish said:
TwinRetro said:

unsure.gif
You really believe living in the same space would make people have the same religion and culture?
exactly, explain Europe, Africa, even the Far East. Similar but not same culture. Plus lack of ethnic diversity does human no good. Don't try to counter that with cause of war bull crap, because it is not the cause of war. People do not get along because of how we handle our differences, the difference itself should not be the blame.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly want people to have the ability to wake up from their current fabricated realities. I want people to be able to ask themselves why they do what they do, and then realize they have been manipulated by people in power. (And it is important to realize this. People are constantly manipulated with no exception.) I want people to understand me when I mention that there are “elite” people dedicated to dumb down the masses to stop them from thinking and asking questions. I wish people could let go. I want them to stop obeying those in power by doing very simple yet almost impossible things, e.g. stop watching television and start reading books. I want them to be politically active and be in control of their lives.

However, that is asking way too much. People don’t want to wake up. People love being manipulated, but hate knowing that they are, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

For those interested to follow the rabbit hole, I suggest studying sociology, or western anthropology. Study the world culture of capitalism. Learn who makes money and how they make it. What is the purpose of banks? Learn who are the elites in your society. However, read scholarly sources, books, because it is very easy to encounter conspiracy theorists on the internet from both sides. Go to the library.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1