Im 35 and live with my grandma

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm 34 and live with my sister. Housing marking is too high for me to afford to buy a house. So don't feel like that, there are plenty of people live with family. Hell for me to rent what I currently have at her house for myself would cost me about 2k a month here and I don't have much space.

Literally 2 blocks from me a condemned house was sold for 400k and that's a house that either has to be completely gutted or torn down.

Last edited by dragonblood9999,
Reactions: RobXcore

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends

#1 Are you working? Do the money you make is decent?
#2 Did you finish school?
#3 Do you have kids?
#4 Are you saving for a house or an apartment?

Many people still live with family and for those who live on their own a good percentage of them live paycheck to paycheck don't forget the economy isn't good right now

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 40, will be 41 this year, and I live with my parents, but that's mostly since I'm on disability. I want to work, sorta, to make more money again, but I don't think I'd be able to handle it. I lost a lot of days at my old job due to FMLA. that's when I realized I was sick, so I had no other alternative.

Reactions: RobXcore

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Depends

#1 Are you working? Do the money you make is decent?
#2 Did you finish school?
#3 Do you have kids?
#4 Are you saving for a house or an apartment?

Many people still live with family and for those who live on their own a good percentage of them live paycheck to paycheck don't forget the economy isn't good right now
Yep full time job got tired of renting so my grandma said I can stay with her and save for a downpayment on a house

Reactions: Aerocool

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep full time job got tired of renting so my grandma said I can stay with her and save for a downpayment on a house
even if I weren't living with my parents, I see no shame for those who live with relatives and are adults as long as they're trying to make their lives better like working or something like that. if they're a bum, then yes, I'd see something wrong with it.

Reactions: Aerocool

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's nothing to worry about then... that's better owning versus giving your money to someone else then... what you don't realize is when a good percentage of people who rent they don't really have money to save... as the majority of their bills are being put towards rent and expenses..

It's actually good practice to stay with your parents and save money for your house because it will benefit you in the long run. Most people want "freedom" I get it but to be renting all your life would never provide you freedom. You need two incomes to live comfortably if that means you have a SO that works

But no worries you're fine.

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To the questions asked by Goku1992A, I would add "would you be able to live on your own if you had to, or are you a wreck that depends on others and a loser as such?" (note that of course there are people with disabilities or other things like that who depend on others and can't do otherwise and these people don't get the "loser" label either).
And you already answered, you're tired of renting, so you already did it, so you can do it.

So you're not a loser, you're a future winner (and you might even be a present winner if you like your life right now).

Reactions: Goku1992A

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you're only a loser if you can get out of your situation but choose not to. as long as you're working, I see nothing wrong with it. because of my life, I spend a lot of time reading and testing new hacks/exploits/mods on these stupid gaming systems. I do and don't like it. it really depends on my mood at the time, which changes due to my condition.

Reactions: Goku1992A

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well, when you say it like that. i think its perfectly fine imo and your grandma is a superstar human being. if you are not a burden to your grandma and help her out with cleaning and cooking and what not. until you find yourself this is fine.

the society we live in people look down on people for living with they grandma. but the thing is i bet your grandma is happy some one she can talk to once in a while.

sad part:-

but i know this old guy in my building. his mental state is getting worse by the day. he needs help. like real help. i think he has no family or friends. my biggest nightmare is being old in the future and being alone like the guy in my building. i tired to help a few times but his personality seems to change from day to day.

once i was going to the gym once very early in the morning where most people are still sleeping. he was outside, sitting in the stairs. he goes "fella how comes its dark today and no one is outside." broke my heart.

so work hard. im sure things will improve for you.

Reactions: Goku1992A and CJL18

Choromatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you be able to live on your own if you had to, or are you a wreck that depends on others and a loser as such?
As someone who is repulsed by the idea of a romantic relationship, and does not trust the idea of a platonic roommate after a near sexual assault from one did have, I'm happy to stay living with my mom and brother for as long as we all are alive.

I don't depend on people, but where I'm at, even making the money I do isn't enough to run a solo household + pet upkeep. I will not be having children ever, so my pets are a necessity for my sanity.

So it isn't always very black and white.

Anyway, OP. As long as you're contributing to the household in some way, you good.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you're 35 and you live with your grandma? Most (Millennials) have lost their grandparents, but you're lucky she's still with you.

I have three sisters myself and I'm not looking forward to the day of my parents passing away and then splitting heritance 'cause that always bring trouble, and I'd rather just step away from it completely and live far from them. Even though they're family, I can't really stand most of them.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We live in a broken world. I'm 28 going on 29 and still with my parents.
In my country I'll have to work 60 years on minimum to be able to buy a home... that is if si don't eat and don't pay for services.

A lot of people are in our situation.

@CJL18 Dude, don't feel bad, at least you've got a roof over your head. You're very lucky just wth that.
Sadly, the choices adults before you did, has had a negative effect in people from our generation.
Overpopulation is also a side effect.
Education is even a worse one.
I literally don't own "friends" or relatives that has their own place, and those who do is because daddy paid for it.

I think you're getting your head affected with popular media. I personally think you're paying attention to all the negativeness of everyday entertainment.

I recently saw an interesting phrase that it's sadly true: "I live with parents: Looser - My parents lives with me: Good Son"
Either way it's difficult to afford something for yourself nowadays. Money doesn't last like it lasted 10 years ago. And that's getting worse overtime.

I honestly do not have any kind of hopes with myself. I'm on a heart disease that literally won't allow me to work in anything, and I don't have any kind of support because in my place it's more important to support single mothers than a 6'2" man.
That's the society we live in.

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As someone who is repulsed by the idea of a romantic relationship, and does not trust the idea of a platonic roommate after a near sexual assault from one did have, I'm happy to stay living with my mom and brother for as long as we all are alive.

I don't depend on people, but where I'm at, even making the money I do isn't enough to run a solo household + pet upkeep. I will not be having children ever, so my pets are a necessity for my sanity.

So it isn't always very black and white.
I know that, hence the things I added in parentheses. right after what you quoted from my post.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah don´t you worry man. You see, the biggest portion of my life, I have always tried to take the "correct" decisions. That is not a bad thing, but in the end, listen to this. You need to be happy, you need to take the most out of your life wheter you are alone, with a family or still with a relative. You know, life has this (not) funny way to turn shit upside down when you least expect it... Some days you will be wondering what the hell happened to the life you where used to, and it will never be back, no matter what you do.

I swear to you, that is not a problem in the eyes of a person who knows a little about a life's worth.

Don't worry about it too much, if you have a couple of frictions or things like that, work them out, I swear to you I would love to live near my parents.

The human being is never happy, is never full. We always crave something and that's good in a sane amount, but, sometimes most people forgot what's more important: Health, love and peace in your heart. Believe me, with those things, everything else is a plus. If you are healthy, you are a winner my chap. You can do almost everything you want to.

Keep it up and don't give up.

Every one of us, we already have a massive burden understanding the mystery of life and death. So dont sweat it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious