A miserable little pile of secrets
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm starting to use Wiiflow, and just finished downloading a game and adding it to my HDD. I went to download the box for it, and it said it finished, but the box was garbled pixels, and after downloading it also messed up the boxes next to it and the rest just had no covers. So I turned off the Wii and pulled out my SD card to manually do it, but I wasn't able to find the box images Wiiflow uses. I just decided you know what, I am done with Wiiflow, GX seemed easier, so I went to delete the wiiflow folder off the card, and I had no Delete option. I started thinking 'WTF is wrong with my SD card?'. I pulled it out, and the lock switch was on.

Just wanted to share this failure with all of you.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Spent five minutes a day ago poring over 20 lines of code to try to figure out why linebreaks weren't being properly echoed in a foreach() loop... only to find I had yet to actually enter the echo statement.

Not as bad, spent five minutes trying to figure out why a variable I was calling always came out as NULL, when it turns out it was placed ABOVE the variable it was referencing...

Also spending five minutes trying to figure out why a new function I made wasn't returning anything, only to find out I had never placed the return() statement inside the declaration...

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Not as bad, spent five minutes trying to figure out why a variable I was calling always came out as NULL, when it turns out it was placed ABOVE the variable it was referencing...
I actually lol'd...

The same thing happened to me though when I had a Wii and was using CFG USB loader. I was so confused...XD.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Rydian said:
Spent five minutes a day ago poring over 20 lines of code to try to figure out why linebreaks weren't being properly echoed in a foreach() loop... only to find I had yet to actually enter the echo statement.

Also spending five minutes trying to figure out why a new function I made wasn't returning anything, only to find out I had never placed the return() statement inside the declaration...
lol, this whole thing made me lmao.
It happens.. ALOT!

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aha, once I spent 3 minutes looking for my DSi, I was going absolutely crazy. The thing that was really shameful was the fact that it was in my hand the entire time. I seem to do stuff like that quite often. I've been talking on my phone then I start panicking that I can't find it, only to realise 30 seconds later that I'm talking on it.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:

Oh what glorious fails. I wouldn't of had understanded (not a word) this had I not been learning c++ yesterday.
laugh.gif

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
So I'm starting to use Wiiflow, and just finished downloading a game and adding it to my HDD. I went to download the box for it, and it said it finished, but the box was garbled pixels, and after downloading it also messed up the boxes next to it and the rest just had no covers. So I turned off the Wii and pulled out my SD card to manually do it, but I wasn't able to find the box images Wiiflow uses. I just decided you know what, I am done with Wiiflow, GX seemed easier, so I went to delete the wiiflow folder off the card, and I had no Delete option. I started thinking 'WTF is wrong with my SD card?'. I pulled it out, and the lock switch was on.

Just wanted to share this failure with all of you.
i lol'd and i recently made a topic about fails this would have been perfect for it...in fact why dont you add this fail to the topic

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
Wonderful
rofl.gif

I wish I could think of a personal fail to post.
unsure.gif

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember my biggest fail. I was testing an HTML code and whenever I tried to check the result, nothing came up. After 10 minutes of trying to figure out the problem, I found out that I forgot to write at the beginning.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
BloodyFlame said:
I remember my biggest fail. I was testing an HTML code and whenever I tried to check the result, nothing came up. After 10 minutes of trying to figure out the problem, I found out that I forgot to write at the beginning.

Well I've just managed to write a PHP login script which so far has been loading for two minutes
smile.gif

Ok, I think I have managed to screw the database, thank goodness it recovers itself
smile.gif

Meh, lets just restart apatche

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU