Hardware Im looking to buy a WII U and have some questions

Metrenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the tittle says, im looking to buy a wii u, right off the bat let me say sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. So i was hoping to buy the deluxe wii u with the 32 gb internal storage, but someone told me that i could just buy the non deluxe set(the white one) and get an external HDD. So here are my questions, if i do get the white wii u and plug in a 150Gb external hdd that i have laying around will i be able to save apps and digital copies of games i might buy on the eshop or is it just saves? and how far does the wii u gamepad allow you to play if someone wants to use the TV?

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor and buy the deluxe bundle anyway. You may be able to store things on the external drive but the if your going to buy anything digitally the digital deluxe promotion will help offset the $50 increase.

Reactions: Rasas

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Apps and digital copies can be put on a HDD, yes. However, keep in mind that this drive will be used exclusively for the wiiu (AFAIK, there is no way to go around it. Not even with different partitions).

Also: the firmware takes disk space. Which means that of the original 8GB of the white wiiU, 5 is already taken. Or even 6 (there was a new firmware today which also took up some space). With that and game updates, there may not be all that much left. So...despite it doing what you want, I'd still strongly advice against the white model.

As for the distance...IIRC, it was up to ten meters. Keep in mind that not all games support this "put everything on the wiiU controller" thing (zombiU doesn't, for example: it uses both screens).

Metrenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i will probably end up getting the Deluxe one mostly because of the OS taking up so much space -_- thnx guys :3 when i get my wii u ill come back here and try to add you :D prob in a couple of months if i have the money by the end of the 1st semester of school

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/04/08/walmart-settlement-meat-seafood-do-you-qualify/