Images of Logitech's and Tencent's upcoming cloud gaming handheld leaked

logi 1.JPG

Earlier this month, Logitech announced a partnership with Tencent to develop a handheld gaming console dedicated for cloud gaming, the tentatively-named Logitech G Gaming Handheld. While a registration link has been provided to get access to updates, details or even renders of the device weren't made public. However, leaker Evan Blass shared some of the handheld's images, before getting taken down with a DMCA notice. But other outlets were fast enough to backup the images, which you can see below:

logi 1.JPG

logi 2.JPG logi 3.JPG

Those images give a general idea about the device's shape, form factor and buttons layout. The latter are asymmetrical, with two extra face buttons on the lower side acting as a 'Home' button and a custom 'G' button. One of the images also show that the Logitech G has Google Play access, which could indicate that this is an Android-based device, as opposed to Windows-based like other competitors' recent handhelds.

While the veracity of those images has yet to be confirmed, Logitech's response indicates that these could images could be indicative of their upcoming device. In addition, Twitter user @Za_Raczke provided a follow up tweet thread with more specs details obtained from the FCC, Geekbench, the US Patent Office and the Play Store Console:

logi 4.JPG

While these specs might not be as beefy as the latest gaming phone, it is a cloud-focused device. We'll have to wait for an official confirmation from Logitech, so take these details with a grain a salt.

:arrow: SOURCE

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the plus side, these devices can push the Android OS into making more dedicated games with physical buttons in mind than shitty touchscreen controls.

There are a lot of quality Android games, however, the trashy ones are the ones that always get all the attention.
I agree but OUYA tried and everything went to shit about a year after the Fire TV 2 came out. Devices like the OUYA and Fire TV 2 didn't push the "Android games with a controller" scene far enough and developers did what they do best, got lazy and said "fuck buttons". People can scream Shield TV all they want but Shield was too late and nobody thinks of it as a dedicated gaming machine. Even worse, Google has no icon in the Play Store for games that do support controllers so you're just going in blindly. Mobile games would be worth a damn if devs weren't so afraid of buttons.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why even bother with cloud gaming if you have shitty internet!? I tried Playstation Now three years ago and it was utter crap, games like Catherine and God of War were near unplayable. I was only able to get good playability if I downloaded PS4 titles

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even bother with cloud gaming if you have shitty internet!? I tried Playstation Now three years ago and it was utter crap, games like Catherine and God of War were near unplayable. I was only able to get good playability if I downloaded PS4 titles
I thought my ISP could handle Stadia and when I actually tried it, the game lagged (RE7 demo).

The Stadia controller is fantastic, though. It's essentially the only thing I really like about the Stadia. :P

800px-Stadia-controller-and-Chromecast-Ultra-from-Premiere-Edition.jpg

Kept the controller, sold the Chromecast. It turned out one of the cheapest controller I've ever bought.

By the way, it has analog triggers rather than digital triggers (*cough* Switch Pro Controller *cough*).

Reactions: Cris1997XX

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree but OUYA tried and everything went to shit about a year after the Fire TV 2 came out. Devices like the OUYA and Fire TV 2 didn't push the "Android games with a controller" scene far enough and developers did what they do best, got lazy and said "fuck buttons". People can scream Shield TV all they want but Shield was too late and nobody thinks of it as a dedicated gaming machine. Even worse, Google has no icon in the Play Store for games that do support controllers so you're just going in blindly. Mobile games would be worth a damn if devs weren't so afraid of buttons.
Mobile games would also be worth more if devs made better games than: 99% will fail at this or some terrible knockoff of a Mario game or again always focusing on microtransactions to be able to somewhat enjoy the game.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both of these companies have the resources to do a lot better than a cloud device. With Tencent's involvement, however, it doesn't surprise me that they choose to half-ass it instead.
I'm shocked nobody acted xenophobic and shit like that towards the Chinese yet...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of these companies have the resources to do a lot better than a cloud device. With Tencent's involvement, however, it doesn't surprise me that they choose to half-ass it instead.
no they (Tencent) chose cloud cause they work for the CCP easy ploy to hijack/spy on wireless networks

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah Android 11 is responsible for changes to how micro SDs are seen by the device. As a matter of fact I think it even is setup to lockoff access to your Android/ date folder on the sd card.
I remember people in the Android emulation community complaining about how Google screwed them over with Android 11, but I didn't have any problems. It must've been because all of my games were in the internal memory lmao

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 4GB ram? A shame 'cause the CPU/GPU are pretty decent. I guess the final price will either make or break this thing..

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does this thing support a SIM card? Would suck if it didn't because it's a cloud based console on the go. Does anyone have experience over cloud streaming games over 4G on a mobile device like with something like XBOX's cloud service on mobile? I have doubts it runs too well. I would imagine it sucking if you go to place with bad reception and then input lag and picture quality goes to shit. If cloud streaming doesn't work well with wired connections (Stadia) I am skeptical of this working well on mobile devices.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On another note, this would make for a great Wii U styled controller if these streaming apps would start including a "controller only" mode, freeing up your screen to run another app like a e-book strategy guide, YouTube or Discord.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no they (Tencent) chose cloud cause they work for the CCP easy ploy to hijack/spy on wireless networks
I'm not quite this cynical, as they could just as easily do this with any of their overly-successful mobile games. I think it's more to keep the price down so they technically don't have to compete with the likes of Switch and/or Steam Deck. Could see this being sold as cheap as $99, though I'd say it still wouldn't be worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch