CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my New 2DS XL by doing a system transfer from a New 3DS XL.

After the transfer, my installed titles didn't show up on the home menu, and were marked with an X in Data Management in System Settings. This is because the tickets for them weren't installed.

I thought I might be able to dump the ticket db from my source system (I've already restored a NAND backup from before the system transfer) and then inject that into the target system, so it would install all the tickets.

But instead of dumping and injecting the ticket.db, I dumped and injected the title.db. Now when I try to boot my 2DS, I get this:

1raSMTk.jpg

I can still boot my original source system, and I can still get to GodMode 9, Decrypt 9 WIP, and the Luma settings on my 2DS.

How can I fix this?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Did you backup your N2DSXL NAND image before this happened? Can you restore the SysNAND?
2. In case step #1 isn't possible, remove and reinsert the battery to reset RAM memory. Remove the SD card and check if setup_ctrnand_luma3ds was installed by holding either (Start) or (Select) button. You should see either GodMode9 or Luma3DS configuration. https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup#section-vi---ctrnand-luma3ds

3. Try booting into HOME Menu without the SD card in place. What happens?

4A. If it still crashes at step #3, you'll need to try CTRtransfer and/or Recovery Mode.

-or-

4B. If it doesn't crash in step #3, try reinserting your SD card and rebooting the N2DSXL.

If it still crashes with the SD card in place, renamed your Nintendo 3DS folder to something like Nintendo 3DS (A). Reinsert the SD card again and restart the N2DSXL. Your N2DSXL should make a new Nintendo 3DS folder. Cut (or copy) and paste the Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title game folder over to the new one. Check again if it boots up properly.

5. Make a copy of your current 3DS files setup and set it aside on your computer. You might need this for a later step, unless your saves were backed up with Checkpoint and/or JKSM prior to hacking the N2DSXL.

6. If you can see X's for your titles in the System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, restore their tickets with both TIKdevil and TikSweep. Some of them may not be brought back. You'll have to reinstall the games if they were sourced from places like that iso site. There's also rebuilding them in *.cia in GodMode9 + reinstall those with FBI (for custom mde VC injected games).

7. For games that had to be reinstalled, you'll lose their saves. In order to restore, follow the methods employed from this thread:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one