Homebrew Install Unity exported CIA through FBI

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried putting a custom icon? I made a 48x48 and 24x24 .png and ticked override in the icons section of the player settings, and it stopped building .cci... but I got rid of them and it's fine

D

Deleted User

Has anyone tried putting a custom icon? I made a 48x48 and 24x24 .png and ticked override in the icons section of the player settings, and it stopped building .cci... but I got rid of them and it's fine
Have you tried not ticking override? You won't need to tick it anyway if you've made 2 seperate images for the appropriate dimensions. Working fine over here.

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there's a bit more to it and it need a certain format and that's why my makebanner is bombing. Did you really get it working with a png?

D

Deleted User

Apparently there's a bit more to it and it need a certain format and that's why my makebanner is bombing. Did you really get it working with a png?
Yep, I followed everything the docs told me: use a 48x48 PNG/JPEG/BMP for the icon, and it should also shrink it to the 24x24 size as well to make the smaller icon.
Could you possibly paste the exact error you're getting, if you're still encountering it?

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The documention doesnt say anything about icon formats...and I've heard otherwise from the actually Nintendo support, but we can't get into specifics because of NDA. But in short no it won't work

D

Deleted User

The documention doesnt say anything about icon formats...and I've heard otherwise from the actually Nintendo support, but we can't get into specifics because of NDA. But in short no it won't work
Well I really can't help you any further other than say that I am completely right about PNG/JPEG/BMP files working perfectly for the icons. It works for me, and it's supposed to work exactly like that, whether docs state it or not. All I can recommend is that you try to reinstall CTR SDK and Unity.

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Im not sure regardless of what format you put it in the end it's converted to .icn format. Unity does this automatically? I don't see how my problems with just changing icon needing a reinstall, but don't mean to doubt you

Edit: I think it can't use those formats when the makebanner is doing it's thing to make the icon I tried all types even. tga (Can you share your icon?)
Edit: I guess I'm reinstalling guess I tried a bunch of formats

Last edited by haazet,
D

Deleted User

Edit: I think it can't use those formats when the makebanner is doing it's thing to make the icon I tried all types even. tga (Can you share your icon?)
This is the (working) PNG icon I am using in my own project currently:

COMMON.png

Yes, Unity does do the conversion to .icn automatically, but it's quite a small, but weird, problem to me that it is reluctant to convert your icon, hence I automatically assumed that perhaps your installation might be set up incorrectly.

If you don't believe that's the issue, then can I please have a screenshot of the output log in Unity after you have built your project at least? It makes life a little easier and I could possibly find out quicker as to why it's doing it. :)

Reactions: haazet

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to look sorry if I was so doubtful I was a bit confident my set up was fine Haha, I'm still having the issue and haven't reinstalled anything yet, just going to ignore it for now... Seems to be a problem with the sdk my output is this
Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\ctr_makebanner32.exe" -nobnr BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Haze\Desktop\xxx\xxx\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

Last edited by haazet,

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried your icon but same error. I was suggested to use a plugin for photoshop or the SDK Texture Tool to get the format that should work...Seems like I gotta reinstall as I shouldn't be the only one asking if its so easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi