Hacking Installed the wrong game ID DLC

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you happen to install the wrong game ID DLC, what exactly happens? And if this happens, does it take up storage? If so, how can you remove it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's possible. it will probably take up space, yes. you should be able to delete using normal means. dlc doesn't have an app version or it's usually designated as four 0's, so there probably won't be a problem installing it, just haven't tried to.

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't mean intentionally. I have a friend who claims he accidentally installed the wrong CUSA DLC. I've personally never had this happen, so I'm unsure of what to tell him.
Wouldn't it show up under "other" in storage settings? If that's the case, I'm not sure you can choose that option to delete it manually.
Just curious how to remove it. Is FTP an option?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. you could try ftp. it will be in the user/addcont folder iirc. addcont is the ps4/vita way of saying dlc/addcontent.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, there will still be residual traces of that dlc if you do it that way. the icon0.png will be in the appmeta of the user folder, the param.sfo might be in the system_data's appmeta folder (not sure if dlc param.sfo are in here, but probably under addcont as well), and the addcont.db will have it recorded. afaik, there's no way to delete it from the addcont.db on the pc with sqlite browser. it will error if you try deleting a cell.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea of how you might be able to fix that. delete it from user/addcont, then backup the app.db from system_data/priv/mms . after that, rebuild the database. it shouldn't find the dlc then. your games will be gone if they were fpkg, so reinject the app.db, then restart the system or log out of the profile you're in and log back in. your games should be back. I don't think dlc is affected by rebuilding the database, but I don't know for 100%.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if dlc is affected, just reinstall it. I'll see if I can figure out if it is tomorrow morning by counting how many dlc's I have compared with the packages (backed up all of them). I hope he backed up his.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I just checked my dlc. it would appear it also doesn't get recorded once you rebuild the database. just now, I went from having 1 to 53 recorded in my addcont.db. I don't know how that happened, but I did rebuild the database once when I had an error with the original final fantasy vii, which corrected it btw. I reinstalled all my dlc, which didn't take long. it actually took longer for it to record the information in the notifications' section.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I don't use remote package installer. it sounds to me like the dlc isn't showing up at all, since the game isn't installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...