Installing a dumped Disc Title as digital on Wii U?

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
There's a few discs that seem buggy on my Wii U, Game & Wario and SMM for example. So I was wondering if/how I could install those digitally on my Wii U since they seem fine on cemu?
EDIT: Is this possible with just the code,content,meta folders?
1713507214492.png

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Or with other words said, not anymore. This format is decrypted and rather interesting for cemu. You dump your disc with wudd and install it afterwards with nusspli or wup installer.
Is there an updated app that does the installing directly from disc without having/needing double the storage and swapping apps?

Iirc there was one years ago but it crashes now

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: Is this possible with just the code,content,meta folders?
As BaamAlex said: No. You removed all the crypto informations with decrypting including the crypto keys which would be needed to re-encrypt. Beside that we can't recreate Nintendos signatures, so even if you would re-encrypting the result would not run without sigpatches.

So yea, as BaamAlex also said: Dump again with WUDD.

Is there an updated app that does the installing directly from disc
No, the most modern thing is WUDD. To my knowledge there also never was an app which could do this but if you know one link it please.

Reactions: TheStonedModder

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As BaamAlex said: No. You removed all the crypto informations with decrypting including the crypto keys which would be needed to re-encrypt. Beside that we can't recreate Nintendos signatures, so even if you would re-encrypting the result would not run without sigpatches.

So yea, as BaamAlex also said: Dump again with WUDD.

No, the most modern thing is WUDD. To my knowledge there also never was an app which could do this but if you know one link it please.
I was thinking of disc2app but even still I seem to have been mistaken as this also seems to want another utility

https://github.com/koolkdev/disc2app

Would be cool to see someone allow installing from a disc right to the home screen but I’m probably a minority that would use that

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Weird because dumpling also just gives those 3 folders.. as a result most of my dumped digital titles are missing those infos as well.. what app could i redump them properly with?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Weird because dumpling also just gives those 3 folders.. as a result most of my dumped digital titles are missing those infos as well.. what app could i redump them properly with?
Read what I wrote. If you want them in an installable format, you need wudd. Otherwise you can convert your already dumped game via dumpling, on your PC with nuspacker. But why do the extra work? That would be an option. But a direct install is not possible like DBI on the switch.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dumpling also just gives those 3 folders..
And that's why we say to use WUDD: It dumps to either .wud, .wux or WUP. All 3 formats contain all the crypto informations needed. So you can for example convert these to the code, content and meta folder for Cemu but not the other way around. At least not with re-adding the crypto keys (googling them is a nightmare alone) and the signatures are also gone and can't be recreated, so the result will not be signed by Nintendo anymore / needs sigpatches to run.

Not weird at all: Dumpling is not meaned to do what you want it to do, just read its readme:
Code:
Developed with the intent of making dumping games and other files (for emulators like Cemu)
So this is to dump for emulators, not to dump for real hardware!

WUDD on the other side says this in its readme:
Code:
Dump the GM Partitions (Game, Updates, DLCs) of an Wii U Disc as .app,.h3, .tmd, .tik, .cert files
And this is for real hardware, not for emulators.

So if you dump for yourself, what's the problem with using the right tool for the job?

Ofc. if you download things are different. Either download directly from Nintendo (Wii U Downloader or NUSspli) or, if disc only releases, seach an archive entry in WUP format... Like if you would search CoD BO2 a good search phrase would be archive.org call of duty black ops 2 WUP.

KyoIsHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay sorry, I didn't phrase it clearly. I do actually have the encrypted files for my discs (.app .h3 .tik). But not for my digital titles. And I don't know what to dump those with unless there's no way to do it for digital ones?

And yeah I know, it goes against the original title. I guess at some point I suddenly decided to conflate disc and digital titles.

EDIT: Oh also another question just came to mind. Is it possible to install those encrypted titles on another Wii U?

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what to dump those with unless there's no way to do it for digital ones?
Well no, sadly there is no way. Except NUSpacker but that has the drawbacks mentioned earlier. Your best bet would be to just redownload them (Wii U Downloader or NUSspli, bot use the same servers the eShop uses, so download the exact same fles).

The only thing you won't get with this are the title.tik files for payed content (for free stuff they are downloadable, too). These downloaders will create a fake ticket instead (which in return means you can't run this content without sigpatches), so you would need to extract these from your console. https://hb-app.store/wiiu/TicketCleaner has an option to dump the whole tickete folder so that's the simple part. the hard part will be to split the files back into the individual tickets they where originally, then matching them to the downloaded titles they belong to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi