Votes: 45 51.7%

• Total voters

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it is silly for people with pandas in the scene to not try to crack 'em open. Might lead to Custom Bootroms with all the keys.

Their architecture is no different than a regular 3ds, they don't run unsigned code, they just have different keys than retail (some of which you can safely experience at home by enabling an unitinfo patch and losing compatibility with retail amiibos)

More than one reputable scene member has a Panda anyway, I've personally asked one to decrypt some devkey-signed cias, and they were happy to help. The big disadvantages are lack of updates for both system and applications (they have to be leaked too) and no a9lh as nobody has ever photographically proven the existence of Snake (Panda n3ds)...

...and while they're definitely rare, Panda consoles are "cheap" (usually around 2x the price of a new n3ds xl) and don't bring any real advantage: the big deals are of course the Partner-CTR home versions!

How much would you pay for a capture-debugger (DVI composite and USB video out, usb loading for .3ds, ram editing from PC, cia installation from PC)? :D

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their architecture is no different than a regular 3ds, they don't run unsigned code, they just have different keys than retail (some of which you can safely experience at home by enabling an unitinfo patch and losing compatibility with retail amiibos)

More than one reputable scene member has a Panda anyway, I've personally asked one to decrypt some devkey-signed cias, and they were happy to help. The big disadvantages are lack of updates for both system and applications (they have to be leaked too) and no a9lh as nobody has ever photographically proven the existence of Snake (Panda n3ds)...

...and while they're definitely rare, Panda consoles are "cheap" (usually around 2x the price of a new n3ds xl) and don't bring any real advantage: the big deals are of course the Partner-CTR home versions!

How much would you pay for a capture-debugger (DVI composite and USB video out, usb loading for .3ds, ram editing from PC, cia installation from PC)? :D
Well, I meant the method of obtaining one, legit and unlegit (re-sold). I know that they are the same. You would think most of us know that
:P.

And I would pay for none of those features. I'm fine with CIA files and NTR streaming.

Last edited by seijinshu,
D

Deleted-379826

I want to get more in to dev related 3ds things and am currently learning to program, so this is a SERIOUS question. What features does this fw bring to help devs?

D

Deleted User

I wish that we could get ALL the Dev apps.
If you're talking about dev apps like Friend Add Tool, Boss LotCheck Tool, etc. etc. they're already out there on the net. In fact, they're located in the very CTR SDK 4.2.8 that has been leaked for quite some time now. (Won't specify where that is; Google Is Your Friend™) but they're in the form of .csu files, and CSUs are the equivelent of CCIs if I remember rightly. Luckily there are already tools out there to convert CCI to CIA, so there's that...

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
software dev kit and yes i am you basically fill out a application and in a few weeks if ninty accepts it you get access to like i think a nintendo dev only forum?! and a whole lotta cool stuff
Damn. Make sure to not use info used on here.
Better off if you don't even mention it here. I'm sure Nintendo does background research and watchs forums like this one.

Last edited by seijinshu,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about dev apps like Friend Add Tool, Boss LotCheck Tool, etc. etc. they're already out there on the net. In fact, they're located in the very CTR SDK 4.2.8 that has been leaked for quite some time now. (Won't specify where that is; Google Is Your Friend™) but they're in the form of .csu files, and CSUs are the equivelent of CCIs if I remember rightly. Luckily there are already tools out there to convert CCI to CIA, so there's that...
Yeah, but I'm talking 11.4 SDK version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol