Hacking Installing DRM Free PKg's - List

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wait are we actually expecting the kernel hack to be a thing in the following days/weeks? Boy, I think I picked the best time to buy a Vita.
Henkaku is technically a kernel exploit already but currently the only ones who know how it actually does its thing in its entirety are the team who made it. Currently very little has actually been reversed and yifan lu has estimated that with the speed development has been going at it may take more than a year to get anywhere near being fully reversed.

Basically, don't get your hopes up

FrameEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Henkaku is technically a kernel exploit already but currently the only ones who know how it actually does its thing in its entirety are the team who made it. Currently very little has actually been reversed and yifan lu has estimated that with the speed development has been going at it may take more than a year to get anywhere near being fully reversed.

Basically, don't get your hopes up

Personally, I don't mind waiting for the official explanation of how HENkaku accomplished a Kernal exploit for not only PS Vita, but supposedly PS4 as well if both HENkaku exploits for each console are as similar as I think they are, I just can't wait till Sony finally gives up on ruining the Vita console they unofficially abandoned a long time ago, by further enforcing the security that's choking the only community keeping the console a live with Homebrew non the less.

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Personally, I don't mind waiting for the official explanation of how HENkaku accomplished a Kernal exploit for not only PS Vita, but supposedly PS4 as well if both HENkaku exploits for each console are as similar as I think they are, I just can't wait till Sony finally gives up on ruining the Vita console they unofficially abandoned a long time ago, by further enforcing the security that's choking the only community keeping the console a live with Homebrew non the less.
>keeping the console alive with homebrew
Pardon my french but you're a dense motherfucker if you think homebrew is what's keeping the vita alive.
The vita actually has some amazing third party support with tons of games having come out this year and tons more to still come out. Sure sony may not be doing any first party support for the system but games are being released and localised for it.

On top of that the vita is doing really damn well in Japan, most likely because of how well the PSP did in Japan. Like it or not Sony isn't going to discontinue a console that is still earning them money in some way shape or form because of its success in Japan and the excellent third party support it has. For sony they know what game piracy can do to a console (the psp is a perfect example of that) and so they want to prevent that from happening again no matter what. Henkaku is an exploit through and through and to sony any exploit, no matter how big or small in scale, is dangerous.

Reactions: MDashK

FrameEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>keeping the console alive with homebrew
Pardon my french but you're a dense motherfucker if you think homebrew is what's keeping the vita alive.
The vita actually has some amazing third party support with tons of games having come out this year and tons more to still come out. Sure sony may not be doing any first party support for the system but games are being released and localised for it.

On top of that the vita is doing really damn well in Japan, most likely because of how well the PSP did in Japan. Like it or not Sony isn't going to discontinue a console that is still earning them money in some way shape or form because of its success in Japan and the excellent third party support it has. For sony they know what game piracy can do to a console (the psp is a perfect example of that) and so they want to prevent that from happening again no matter what. Henkaku is an exploit through and through and to sony any exploit, no matter how big or small in scale, is dangerous.

Look it really doesn't matter what's keeping the PS Vita alive anymore the point is Sony themselves no longer support the console with proper 1st party AAA titles like they should it's mainly been left to the Third Party developers, and the HomeBrew community who both try their hardest to bring out what they see as the best of the console in their own way, and while yes Japan may be doing great with sales it's only because their target audience was, and always will be Japan (IMO), and while they may not discontinue it anytime soon, and put that final nail in that coffin because of that, I still personally can't wait for the day that happens, not so I can pirate at free will, but so I can see what the community is really capable of with a console with this much powerful, and wasted potential when it's cut wide open for them to tinker with, and create anything they could think of to really bring the console to it's true limit.

To be honest, I'm aware my views may not follow the popular opinion around here, but I voiced them respectfully, I'd ask you to at least do the same however if you choose not to, so be it.

Last edited by FrameEnder,
Reactions: demounit

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
I work at a game store and I sell maybe 5 psvs a year these last couple of years and I literally have 6 games available to buy.

the vita has been on life support for years now. no one wants to buy this system. it is for enthusiasts and niche Japanese game players. it has zero mainstream appeal.

it barely has third party support at this point and those scarce third party releases are literally the only things keeping this system awkwardly alive.

beautiful console but Sony completely squandered the potential.

that's why this homebrew scene is so wonderful. breathing life into a really excellent piece of hardware that has been abandoned by its creators and left to die slowly.

Reactions: memomo and cearp

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Yeah its also a vita game, but the only demo i found is in japanese, thanks a lot mate
The link you found was probably my link that went to "Abelhas", but that host is long offline...
I would have to access the PSN store and re-download with the proxy running to grab the original ZEUS link again... But that's not possible right now for me...
I also have the PKGs somewhere in some DVD but... That will take some time for me to search...
So, if you REALLY want it fast, I suggest you use the "PKG Installer 2.0" method, and grab the PKGS i shared over at this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pkg-installer-2-0.437948/page-3

Reactions: Rizzorules

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The link you found was probably my link that went to "Abelhas", but that host is long offline...
I would have to access the PSN store and re-download with the proxy running to grab the original ZEUS link again... But that's not possible right now for me...
I also have the PKGs somewhere in some DVD but... That will take some time for me to search...
So, if you REALLY want it fast, I suggest you use the "PKG Installer 2.0" method, and grab the PKGS i shared over at this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pkg-installer-2-0.437948/page-3
Thanks a lot im downloading it right now, now my only request is Dbz demo

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
zeus is drm free and ares(?) is drm - right? maybe it's not that simple, i forget, it has been a while since i touched my cfw ps3.

SilicaAndPina

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
can you delete your account here?

you released a fake game that formats the vita - very very bad.
if you don't delete, i hope you get a warning.

just because you didn't do it here doesn't mean you are welcome and people will be nice to you.
i acturally didnt, :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one