Hacking Question Installing games onto the SD card

Ashura66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Your symptoms seem to indicate a dying or fraudulent card (cheap chinese knockoff with crap chip or misreported size).
Not saying you do but I'm just running through possibilities.

Have you tried:

1) repairing with windows
2) reformatting with Rufus

You gave up too easy. I sat here staring at my switch for 3 days before I finally figured out why it wasn't powering on.

I haven't used Rufus yet, i'l try that. To be fair i did buy this card at a mobile phone store that's close to my place, run by some Chinese guy so even though it says Samsung i suppose it COULD be a knockoff

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

riyyi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EDIT3: Ok the issue is NOT the mem card, still not able to install certain games via devmenu or tinfoil. The ones i'm trying to install are megaman x legacy collection 2 and Pokken tournament
Replace the 'é' in the filename of Pokkén Tournament with 'e', as special characters do not work.
Also the max file length that works is 65 characters.

Ashura66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Replace the 'é' in the filename of Pokkén Tournament with 'e', as special characters do not work.
Also the max file length that works is 65 characters.

Tried that. I had it as pkmtrmnt and it still wouldn't work. For Mega Man i had it named MMXLC, still wouldn't work. If you check out recent posts i think the issue is my card is a forgery

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Problem solved! :)

As long as i can return it, yeah, i can only hope that i can. And now i know better

cheese the chao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem with .nsp games and dev menu, (had short filenames, got them right from CDNSP) and they just didn't work, but then out of curiosity I unpacked the nsp into it's .nca files and used the NSPBuild.py (by rkk ) to make the nsp again and suddenly the games and updates just worked and installed like normal.

Reactions: Ashura66

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, how many tells does your card have that it is fake?

I'm looking at all my cards now lolz, so far so good.

I just read that BestBuy has been selling fake cards online, and of course amazon is the worst, I usually don't buy from the third party sellers market on amazon though so I think I've dodged a bullet there.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Ashura66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had that problem with .nsp games and dev menu, (had short filenames, got them right from CDNSP) and they just didn't work, but then out of curiosity I unpacked the nsp into it's .nca files and used the NSPBuild.py (by rkk ) to make the nsp again and suddenly the games and updates just worked and installed like normal.

Uh that's pretty interesting. For the sake of comparison, what error did devmenu show when you tried to install the .nsp? If any since mine just said it failed to install. Though my case the problem is almost certainly a fake SK card which i intend to replace

Out of curiosity, how many tells does your card have that it is fake?

I'm looking at all my cards now lolz, so far so good.

Well let's see...it has the white borders, it has the shoddy printing, the barcode ends in /CN and the bit where it supposedly says where the card is made is suspiciously cut off

cheese the chao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh that's pretty interesting. For the sake of comparison, what error did devmenu show when you tried to install the .nsp? If any since mine just said it failed to install. Though my case the problem is almost certainly a fake SK card which i intend to replace

Just said failed to install as well, didn't give me an error code.

cheese the chao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just highlight the files themselves , including the .tik , .cert and .xml and drag them to the nspbuild.py. It'll ask for a name and then it will create the .nsp. I tried dragging the folder they were in into the .py and wondered why it didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's been around since I was in elementary