XP
Country
United States

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wow, sorry to hear about people's trouble with this update.

Me, I'm not sure I ought to update my iPad 2 or not... no update means I get to keep it Jailbroken, update means iCloud... and iCloud would be great because I've got an iPad, iPod Touch, MacBook Pro, a Hackintosh, and might get an iPhone...

It's tough. I like having it jailbroken. But I also love tightly integrated ecosystems...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Costy, your not the only one ive heard of that happening to. It worked for me, but a couple of my friends lost everything :( sorry to hear it.

I lost everything as well
The same thing happened to me and I had to restore the backup many times and manually download apps.
I also lost all of my data, but to worsen the situation, itunes can't back-up my touch (doesn't even give an error. It just says "itunes could not backup..."). I really don't care because I don't have apps that store that many vital information (I don't even use the contacts app; don't take it wrong, it's not like I don't have friends to talk to ;_; ). The most I use it for is to watch my LQ encoded anime and the internet. I only have 2gigs of music and 5 apps installed (and it's a 64gig model) :lol:

I had to forcefully stop the back-up process (as updating to a new iOS requires you to do a back-up) to update to iOS5. So I obviously didn't have a back-up. Re-syncing all of my vids (around 300, totaling 35-40gigs) was a real pain.

On Topic: iOS5 wasn't much of an improvement imo. I still haven't tried the wifi sync, but since I can't back-up, I'm looking forward to this. I don't seem to be using most of the new features, perhaps because 75% of its usage is on media playback or using the internet.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy with it overall especially with the following features:
- iMessages for communicating between ipods/ipads/iphones over data (and not sms only) -- i have an ipod touch so this affects me nicely
- wifi synchronization and stuff yay it backs up my stuff automatically without a cable
- i think thats it really... can't think of anything else that changed for me.

however I'm pissed because I upgraded from iOS 5 beta 7 to iOS 5 final this morning, and it lost ALL of my apps, music and stuff.
All it kept is my settings :(
I'm pissed because I specifically ran a backup, quite carefully, before I upgraded the thing. And after I restored my backup, everythings gone.
Ffffffffffffff

That's what iCloud is for. :tpi:

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
- iMessages for communicating between ipods/ipads/iphones over data (and not sms only) -- i have an ipod touch so this affects me nicely
- wifi synchronization and stuff yay it backs up my stuff automatically without a cable

however I'm pissed because I upgraded from iOS 5 beta 7 to iOS 5 final this morning, and it lost ALL of my apps, music and stuff.
I'm pissed because I specifically ran a backup, quite carefully, before I upgraded the thing. And after I restored my backup, everythings gone.
Ffffffffffffff

I did an iCloud backup first too, no kidding!
but I dont know how to force restore from iCloud...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Ffffffffffffff

I did an iCloud backup first too, no kidding!
but I dont know how to force restore from iCloud...
I think there's an option in itunes' Summary tab to use the back-up from your hard or back-up from icloud.

But it only has 5 gigs (or more, if you pay for it) ;_;

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
my backup was only 26 megs (didnt save the music, just the app settings)
I know about the option in iTunes, I ran a backup on icloud once, but then since i was going to upgrade i also ran a local backup (so i had to switch the option to "local backup")
so if i just switch back to icloud, it'll restore my backup from icloud?
this is kinda messed up... dont know if i'll even get my apps back

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iOS 5 has never really appealed to me, and since now my iPhone is long gone, it never really will. I'm not really one into Cloud based storage, although wireless app syncing is nice, how hard can it be to plug a cable into your computer and wait? Also, alot of some of these features have been out for jailbroken devices long ago, so it's not all that new, although it sounds great for those who don't jailbreak. I used to just download apps that I had purchased that I have deleted from the iPhone itself, with that new purchased tab thingy.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I found a problem with iOS 5 (whether is it only me, I dunno)

Whenever I switch to airplane mode and switch back, it always shows No Service on my iPhone 4.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for a fact in iTunes its iTunes Store > Purchased. Then you can Re-download all your Music, TV shows, Apps, Books, etc. at once.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Somehow, the wifi synching doesn't work for me. The option to is always grayed out. Yes, the PC's on. Yes, the iPad's charging. Strange...
with iphone or ipad connected to itunes..in Summary tab > Options,
check "Sync with this iphone/ipad/ipod over Wi-Fi"..click apply..unplug your
device.restart itunes.
in iphone/ipad, with wifi on: in "General" settings >iTunes Wi-Fi Sync>
"Sync Now" is no longer grayed out.
one more thing,itunes must be open in your pc to sync wirelessly.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ah I managed to recover my apps indeed.

but all my music, photos and other stuff is gone :( thats not stuff i purchased, for the music i still have it on my PC (need to retransfer it, thats okay) but the photos were taken from the ipod and it bothers me that i lost them all...
I probably have backups from a while ago but I have no idea if its even possible to recover pics from then.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
device.restart itunes.

:/a Still doesn't work for me. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
device.restart itunes.

:/a Still doesn't work for me. Ah well. Thanks anyway.
your pc and ios device on the same wireless network, right?
try restarting the general settings in your ipad with itunes open in your pc.
synced.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ayntec.com/products/odin2-mini