iQue Player won't switch on

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know not a lot of people have this console so I might be SoL, but I imported an iQue Player from China, and it worked fine with a generic power supply at 5v the first time I used it (both China and the UK use 220v frequency, so I didn't need a convertor).

I then tried to connect it to my laptop, and during this I left the iQue Player plugged in, thinking that if it was turned off the laptop would not recognise it. Since then my iQue Player has not turned on at all.

I'm guessing a fuse, but would anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ique had to have been on so that the pc would recognize. Not sure what couldve happened

So it turns out that the iQue Player is not broken, however it only works on one TV in my house...

So when it was working fine the first time, it was plugged into my TV. After connecting it to the PC, I plugged it into the living room TV and it didn't work. Tried my brother's TV and, again, it didn't work. Tried my TV again over the weekend and everything was fine with it.

I'd like to say that I was just on the wrong AV channels on the other TVs, but the console didn't boot at all on them :P So that's a bit of a mystery to me

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Many years ago, I had an issue with my iQue too.
I tried, like you, to connect it to my computer, and since, i can't tun it off, as if the power button had no effect. It still works, turns on as soon as it's plugged. But i can't t turn it off.
So i'm looking after your thread :)

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried, like you, to connect it to my computer, and since, i can't tun it off, as if the power button had no effect. It still works, turns on as soon as it's plugged. But i can't t turn it off.

Oh really?! Well I hope someone will be able to help you with that! It seems mine only wants to work with one specific television :')

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To turn it off you need to hold the start button then press and hold the power button and the reset for a couple seconds.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To turn it off you need to hold the start button then press and hold the power button and the reset for a couple seconds.

Well, i wanted to try this method, but i can't find any Reset button.
i tried to hold Start and Power, i just could freeze the iQue, just like when i try to power it off.
Any clues ?

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i wanted to try this method, but i can't find any Reset button.
i tried to hold Start and Power, i just could freeze the iQue, just like when i try to power it off.
Any clues ?
I wrote it wrong. Its

1)hold start button
2)Hold power button
3)quickly after pressing and holding the power, let go of the start button

Should turn off

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
'llo here.
i tried once again, following your advices, but no luck, it doesn't turn off. As soon as i push the Power button, it freezes.
I don't get what's wrong.
But thank you for your help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o