TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
(AP) Iraqi authorities have obtained confessions from captured insurgents who claim al Qaeda is planning suicide attacks in the United States and Europe during the Christmas season, two senior officials said Wednesday.

Iraqi Interior Minister Jawad al-Bolani told The Associated Press that the botched bombing in central Stockholm last weekend was among the alleged plots the insurgents revealed. Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, in a telephone interview from New York, called the claims "a critical threat."

Both al-Bolani and Zebari said Iraq has informed Interpol of the alleged plots, and alerted authorities in the U.S. and European countries of the possible danger. Neither official specified which country or countries in Europe are alleged targets.

There was no way to verify the insurgents' claims. But Western counterterrorism officials generally are on high alert during the holiday season, especially since last year's failed attack by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the so-called underwear bomber, who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day.

Al-Bolani said several insurgents claimed to be part of a cell that took its orders directly from al Qaeda's central leadership. He said at least one of the captured suspects was a foreign fighter from Tunisia.

The confessions were the result of recent operations by Iraqi security forces that have netted at least 73 suspected operatives in the last two weeks, al-Bolani said.

Links between al Qaeda's central leadership, which is believed to be hiding in Pakistan, and the terror organization's front group in Iraq are tenuous as the local branch in recent years has been run by local insurgents.

But al-Bolani said the claims; if true; show al Qaeda remains a presence in Iraq.

"Several members of this terrorist group have direct links with the central leaders of the al Qaeda organization," al-Bolani said. "Those captured represent the main structure of the al Qaeda organization in Iraq."

Zebari, who is in New York for a meeting of the U.S. Security Council, said he informed "the countries concerned." He mentioned the U.S, but would not specify which countries in Europe.

Al-Bolani said the suspects claimed that last Saturday's suicide bombing in Stockholm - carried out by an Iraqi-born Swede on Saturday - was among the plots. He said the suspects made the claim after the bombing happened.

source

idk if this is real or not, but I always take situations such as these quite serious.
You all be careful and keep an eye out!

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Peaceful Norway too.
yay.gif

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Fuck me living in New York City.
it's scary shit, that's for damn sure! let's hope that it's wrong, but I can't guarantee anything. like i said, just be cautious.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this, and thought it was important that people knew about it, you don't have to believe it one bit. I just wanted to make sure that people know about it, if enough people know, then there is the chance we can stop it from happening.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yay for the Netherlands
biggrin.gif

You Americans are f*cked! (no offense, or defense
tongue.gif
)
Unless, we know all names of the terrorists (and faces) and write them in the Death Note
tongue.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh no! they are going to set a car on fire! run for our lifes! what's with the 99% failure rate with these so called terrorists! sure you have big terrorist attacks like 7/7 and 9/11... however most of them are so pathetic it's laughable! How hard is it for them to kill people? A 3 year old could do better with a plastic knife, I'm more scared of the flu.

I dare them to try it in scotland again! they will get their head kicked in again
laugh.gif
"terrorist on fire! let's boot the flames out"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo