Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So yeah this movie will be out in theaters in like in 2 days or so?

Anyway, anyone going to watch it ? The first was pretty good, but as always sequals tend to be a bit on the meh-ish side .

So far, the video game sucked
tongue.gif

EDIT: Just bothered checking, in theaters 29th here. Thursday night it is then
smile.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Just finished watching the first one a few days ago.... One of the best fucking films i've ever watched, especially considering i was watching it on a small computer screen.

Plus... THERES GONNA BE WAR MACHINE! It would be fucking epic!

Now if only they played AC/DC's War Machine at the end like they played Black Sabbath's Iron Man. That will be sweet!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will watch this sometime next week, it opens here on Thursday but all the chavs will be there ruining it for everyone so going to wait instead.

Don't think it'll be as good, might be too long but I don't see it it being anything below average.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Arctic said:
Wow, it still hasn't been leaked online yet!
ohmy.gif
It's been like what, 6 hours since it came out in some places?

You like having eye cancer I see.

I gonna catch this tomorrow my expectation aren't high but I did enjoy the first more than other comic book movies (I downloaded the DVD months after it came out
laugh.gif
).

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never watched the first film but it's kicking about the house somewhere so I might make the effort.

EDIT: Just watched it - fucking brilliant!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but since this IS the topic for it...

Just watched it. Having seen the original, this one seemed a bit underwhelming. I'd say the humor was really good here and i think there was more action overall. But i thought the story wasn't nearly as good. I found the main villain to be very bland and typical. The story was WAY too hectic. It sounded like all the actors were trying to cram as many lines in 5 seconds as possible, speed talking, way too fast. Story overall felt rushed. I hate to bring the crap known as Transformers 2 up, but the speed talking reminded me of that movie. In regards to the story, far too much going on at once. I feel like the overall story felt like they were trying to do way too much within the confines of two hours.

I'd say the action was much more lengthy and more widely dispersed through the film. But i also feel that what little action there was in the original was a lot better in terms of characters thinking by using clever means to beat their opponents.

Actors were all great. Scarlett Johansson was hot of course, but kind of just there for hotness alone. She gets one scene where she gets a Matrix-like fight which was pretty silly but cool of course. Kind of completely unnecessary though. Robert Downey Jr is great as always. Glad we get to see more of Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury too (and not just an after credits thing). Only character i really didn't like was that Hammer CEO guy. I don't know his role in the comics, but he was a very annoying pussy to me, typical snot faced rich jackass (but not cool, likable, and funny like Tony Stark). The villain was cool and well casted, but was again quite bland with predictable motivations and actions. I blame poor script for the villain, not the actor or character.

The first one is far better in terms of story and even action. About the only thing i think IM2 did better was the humor, i laughed out loud many times. There was more action here, but at the expense of less refined action. A predictable villain, and no surprises around the corner. Story was way too rushed along. It's not a BAD movie by any means, just inferior to the original which it had to live up to. It's entertaining however, and i think anyone who wants a decent superhero film will enjoy it. Just don't expect it to be as great as the original. Overall, i'd probably give it a 7.5/10. The original was a solid 9 to me (and it is one of my favorite superhero movies, so hard to top).

Sorry for long post, but no one else seems to have seen it nor has anyone posted any impressions.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I agree with you (I saw it two days ago), it was not as good as the first one.
But what I really liked about the first one was starks reaction to seeing that his weapons were sold to others, and his subsequent quest to right his wrongs. That was somewhat missing in this one (true he may think he already has his redemption but it was a good move in the first movie), instead we got his reaction to his death, which ,while interesting (what would you do when faced with the knowledge you are dying), did not provide such a strong response as in the first movie (at least for me).
Though it was certainly not a bad movie, I have to say that I expected a bit more from it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your bump was right on time granville, and completely right
wink.gif

I do feel like i should have saved the money, but heck, 10$ never hurt anyone (could have bought the stimulus pack for MW2... DOH!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.