Ironhax and Tubehax have both been released

On July 31st, 3DS developer turned hacker, Smealum, announced his latest exploit for 3DS which he is dubbing “Ironhax.” Then on August 14th he announced “Tubehax.” Today, they have both been released.

JlxGh7O.png

The names are in reference to his earlier series of exploits called “Ninjahax” which were named after the increasingly rare game Cubic Ninja, which was used to run his earlier series of hacks. Ironhax, or “freehax” as the community called it prior to Smea’s naming, is a method of accessing the Homebrew Channel on the 3DS without having to rely on a physical game like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

snapshot2-png.22538
In preparation to the release, Smea told everyone who had access to the eshop to download the game “IRONFALL Invasion” which would be the point of entry. He also clarified that either the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the game would be fine, as the update does not break the exploit.

tbBYjwo.png
Since the announcement people have been scrambling to download IRONFALL Invasion. It was soon removed from the European eShop and is now off of the American eShop as well. However, it’s doubtful that Nintendo will take the YouTube app off of the eShop. Smea also notes that you should download YouTube whether or not you already have IRONFALL Invasion.

People who do not have access to the eShop, possibly due to staying on a lower firmware, will not be able to get the apps. Without additional exploits, the IRONFALL Invasion will not run on systems with a firmware below 9.5. That being said, YouTube should work on lower firmwares. Luckily, there are many other methods available to people with a system firmware of 9.2 or below which will allow them to do even more than Ironhax.

szvg2DD.png
Watch the following video to see how to get the exploits to work.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far none of the homebrews I tried worked. Just keep crashing when the bottomscreen is red.

How did you solved ? I and a my friend are stuck with this problem too, we have and ironfall v1.0 eur and even if we made a save the installer keeps crashing.
Well then I can't help you unfortunately. I solved it by simply making a save in slot 1, installing the homebrew in slot 1 and not forgetting to change the firmware option to EUR during installation.

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So far none of the homebrews I tried worked. Just keep crashing when the bottomscreen is red.

Well then I can't help you unfortunately. I solved it by simply making a save in slot 1, installing the homebrew in slot 1 and not forgetting to change the firmware option to EUR during installation.

Thanks, but it didn't work :( , i just sent a tweet to smea, but i have to wait, now for him it's 3:00 Am

dunelm1

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you solved ? I and a my friend are stuck with this problem too, we have and ironfall v1.0 eur and even if we made a save the installer keeps crashing.
I have the same problem with 1.1 I think it may be a Europe thing. I think you can only select the American firmware to install ironhax with.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a series of errors, giving up, going to bed, getting up, more errors, finally Ironhax is now working like a charm for me on N3dsxl 9.9 - all the homebrew I've tried so far works too.
It's been quite a weekend for me: got my new O3ds, updated to 4.5.0-4E, created rxtools emunand updated to 9.9.0-26E, and now I've got a persistent entry point to the homebrew launcher on my N3dsxl via Ironhax!

Thank you Mr Smealum!

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got it all working on first shot in emunand eur n3ds 9.5 :-)
YouTube and ironfall exploit, and the ironfall was from a .CIA file...

Thanks guys, everyone involved <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1