Homebrew Ironhax, Browserhax, Menuhax revived.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm the only one having a problem with getting menuhax/shufflehax to work on 10.3. :/ SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

Run menuhax_installer v2.1. If you want your 3DS to boot straight to boot.3dsx, Select "Configure/check haxx trigger button(s)", Select Type2, and it should tell you what button(s) you want to press to skip to home menu. After that is done, Select "Install", and you should be ready to go.

MarioBrosThe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run menuhax_installer v2.1. If you want your 3DS to boot straight to boot.3dsx, Select "Configure/check haxx trigger button(s)", Select Type2, and it should tell you what button(s) you want to press to skip to home menu. After that is done, Select "Install", and you should be ready to go.
Oh shit, thanks dude!

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everything from 9.3 to 10.3 (maybe every firmware, even 9.2 and below, but it hardly matters), so yeah. Just wait it out for a few weeks and see what happens in the scene.

Ok, just to finish my questions....
What do you recommend me to do in order to hack my n3ds as soon as possible.
Just to remind ya ( I don't shop so my wifi is always off)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, just to finish my questions....
What do you recommend me to do in order to hack my n3ds as soon as possible.
Just to remind ya ( I don't shop so my wifi is always off)

Figure out a way to get menuhax installed so you can have homebrew start right as you turn the console on. You need another way of running homebrew though, so that'd be browserhax (only possible because you have a N3DS, O3DS 9.9-10.1 is out of luck), oot3dhax, ninjhax, or smashhax, or ironhax, if you happen to have Ironfall 1.0/1.1. Once you have menuhax or some other way of running homebrew, you'll be fine. The only thing you can't do on 9.9 is access the eShop or use other NNID stuff. If you don't use any of that, there's no reason at all to upgrade to 10.3.

Edit: 9.9-10.1. 10.2 shouldn't/doesn't have the nag, I forgot that they didn't update the browser in 10.3.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Figure out a way to get menuhax installed so you can have homebrew start right as you turn the console on. You need another way of running homebrew though, so that'd be browserhax (only possible because you have a N3DS, O3DS 9.9-10.2 is out of luck), oot3dhax, ninjhax, or smashhax, or ironhax, if you happen to have Ironfall 1.0/1.1. Once you have menuhax or some other way of running homebrew, you'll be fine. The only thing you can't do on 9.9 is access the eShop or use other NNID stuff. If you don't use any of that, there's no reason at all to upgrade to 10.3.
But the new browserhax works on old and new 3DSes on 10.2 and 10.3.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
10.3 is the latest firmware, there is no update nag. Only 9.9 to 10.1 have the update nag.

I'm aware of that, that's why I said 9.9-10.2. But on second thought, you're right, they didn't update the browser in 10.3, did they? I forgot, my mistake. So you're right, 10.2 wouldn't have the nag.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Off-topic: You're a Retroarch 3DS dev, right? :O

Sorta. I only contribute here and there, whenever the mood strikes me.

Back on topic though, if you have an entrypoint already, I don't see why there's a sudden rush to update, when you'll probably just end up downgrading anyway once we see the eventual kernel exploit(s) released.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorta. I only contribute here and there, whenever the mood strikes me.

Back on topic though, if you have an entrypoint already, I don't see why there's a sudden rush to update, when you'll probably just end up downgrading anyway once we see the eventual kernel exploit(s) released.
Are you directing that toward me? If so, I have no plans on updating.

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Somebody got browswerhax working on a OLD3Ds or 2DS ? Im still stucking at the loading circle from the Eshop older version

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody got browswerhax working on a OLD3Ds or 2DS ? Im still stucking at the loading circle from the Eshop older version
Same here on my o3DS. Trying to get Ironhax on it, for a friend who I'm giving this DS to. But lo and behold, loadscreen infinity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one