Hacking Is it advisable to stay on 1.00 FW ??

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man i'm in decision buying another one sell the accessories for 140 on ebay and keep the Tablet just for this cause
So its you....

Hahahah. Found a fee people on ebay parting out the switch and selling each part for way over price.
Well trying to sell, no one is buying it.

But as with the other threads go. Go ahead and update. There isnt anything done yet and when there is stuff done to the switch it wont be on a super low firmware. It would be on something that is more uptodate.
Also if you brought the switch for homebrew then you might as well box it up and save it for later.
All new games will start to do force updates in order to play them.
So your end up missing out on games (unless you get another switch).
And then when the system is hack it would on a current firmware. So you would have wasted moneu on the extra switch for nothing.

Just look at the hacking of everything.
It normally on a current firmware. When devs upgrade there code get more sloppy and thats where you find more holes and more access. The early firmwares are pretty strip down and dont allow much so it becomes pointless to hack them for anything really needed. Plus your need updates to rip the keys.
You need more games to rip keys
Gotta compare the old with the new to find what hasnt change.

Sorry about the long post, but yea just update and enjoy your system.
Then the next update comes out. Wait a little before upgrading and see what happens. But i can say we wont get anything useful this year.
Maybe a "hello world" but no emulators

Reactions: Quantumcat

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So its you....

Hahahah. Found a fee people on ebay parting out the switch and selling each part for way over price.
Well trying to sell, no one is buying it.

But as with the other threads go. Go ahead and update. There isnt anything done yet and when there is stuff done to the switch it wont be on a super low firmware. It would be on something that is more uptodate.
Also if you brought the switch for homebrew then you might as well box it up and save it for later.
All new games will start to do force updates in order to play them.
So your end up missing out on games (unless you get another switch).
And then when the system is hack it would on a current firmware. So you would have wasted moneu on the extra switch for nothing.

Just look at the hacking of everything.
It normally on a current firmware. When devs upgrade there code get more sloppy and thats where you find more holes and more access. The early firmwares are pretty strip down and dont allow much so it becomes pointless to hack them for anything really needed. Plus your need updates to rip the keys.
You need more games to rip keys
Gotta compare the old with the new to find what hasnt change.

Sorry about the long post, but yea just update and enjoy your system.
Then the next update comes out. Wait a little before upgrading and see what happens. But i can say we wont get anything useful this year.
Maybe a "hello world" but no emulators
Lol not yet,i usually put my stuff on Auction so never had any issue of them sitting around.Already ordered an extra one from Target
lets say Joycons and grip for $65 ,docking station and charger for another 65-70 you really end up with cheap tablet to keep for hacking
my current one is using it for legit shit,and i think hacking community of Switch will be more active than 3ds/Vita cos it's kinda decent
for emulators.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol not yet,i usually put my stuff on Auction so never had any issue of them sitting around.Already ordered an extra one from Target
lets say Joycons and grip for $65 ,docking station and charger for another 65-70 you really end up with cheap tablet to keep for hacking
my current one is using it for legit shit,and i think hacking community of Switch will be more active than 3ds/Vita cos it's kinda decent
for emulators.

Yea i sold my extra copy of zelda with some 3d print figs i had for $75 which was good.

But i see on ebay peopme trying to charge $120 for a pair of joycons, $150 for a dock and $300 for the switch itself.
And i just know they will be stuck with them. Nee shipments come in 3/31

But of you do sell your extra at cost the switch itself would only be around $120 which isntto bad to hold on to for hacking.
I just still dont see it bei g that wide open on low firmware.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, you spent money on that system and should actually try enjoying it instead of just having it sit around waiting for more hacks.

Even as a vibrant homebrew fan.. follow this advice, please, for the love of god. The Switch is a good system; don't wait a year for proof of concepts of hacks that will only benefit you another year later.

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Even as a vibrant homebrew fan.. follow this advice, please, for the love of god. The Switch is a good system; don't wait a year for proof of concepts of hacks that will only benefit you another year later.
I said it earlier,already have one for legit gaming (we all know if hacking happened nintendo will ban users with modded systems from using online)
Got mine this morning Sold the dock set for freaking 130 and the grip with the joycons for $85 all i need is the tablet

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can we really be sure about that after the wii, 3DS and wii u?
I'll be shocked if they couldn't ,now your Nintendo ID is based one your account and not on your system (that's why if your 3ds/Wii stolen,Nintendo used ask
to fill a police report before giving your downloadable games back)
Now it's paid service like Xbox and PS used to do.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, you spent money on that system and should actually try enjoying it instead of just having it sit around waiting for more hacks.
THIS^
If you buy a system just for hacks BEFORE hacks come out, you are wasting time and money, and making it more difficult for those who actually want to enjoy the system to get it.
It isn't guaranteed a console will be hacked, or to what level. What if userland homebrew is all the system gets? A whole lot of good that will do if you don't even want to enjoy what is currently on the system or will be coming in the near future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said it earlier,already have one for legit gaming (we all know if hacking happened nintendo will ban users with modded systems from using online)
Got mine this morning Sold the dock set for freaking 130 and the grip with the joycons for $85 all i need is the tablet
That is kinda a dick move considering there are people who actually want to play the switch and can't get one because they are sold out. At least wait a bit to let people get the system and for it to not have a shortage before buying one just to keep on your shelf.

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
THIS^
If you buy a system just for hacks BEFORE hacks come out, you are wasting time and money, and making it more difficult for those who actually want to enjoy the system to get it.
It isn't guaranteed a console will be hacked, or to what level. What if userland homebrew is all the system gets? A whole lot of good that will do if you don't even want to enjoy what is currently on the system or will be coming in the near future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is kinda a dick move considering there are people who actually want to play the switch and can't get one because they are sold out. At least wait a bit to let people get the system and for it to not have a shortage before buying one just to keep on your shelf.
Dude don't make me feel bad about it,it's not like i'm scalping them and listing dozens on ebay
and honestly we didn't have shortage here in VA till a week or so,you always can go to Target and see
couple sitting around.I even returned my Pro controller to find out a week later its becoming rare.
And here's the thing many retailer's Switch shipment being delayed,and i think it's related to the hacking news (Nintendo eager to update it to secure ver)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro