Hacking Homebrew Is it feasible to MITM the internet connection/module?

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is fixed by unlinking an NNID account, it is likely that you did not disable cloud saves before blocking Nintendo/creating your emuMMC (if you have one).

If you are looking for what you need SPECIFICALLY FOR GAMES THAT REQUIRE AIRPLANE/FLIGHT MODE, you can use BestPig's plugin as they listed in the previous pages. You will also need SaltyNX to be able to use it.
my switch is banned though so even if I unblocked i cannot access the screen to disable cloud saves.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Issue: Doom (2017) update 1.2

If loading with the internet turned on (airplane mode off) and network is unreachable, You will get error "Notice - Loading Title Storage", and get stuck on that screen.

Patch: _ZN2nn4nifm20SubmitNetworkRequestEv.asm64 (is required to bypass that Notice screen)

You will also require these (which are already posted in the thread):
_ZN2nn4nifm31HandleNetworkRequestErrorResultEv.asm64 (bypass flight mode popup)
_ZN2nn4nifm18IsNetworkAvailableEv.asm64 (prevent crash if internt is on)

Patch file does the following:
movz x0, #0
ret

Attachments

• _ZN2nn4nifm20SubmitNetworkRequestEv.zip
    224 bytes · Views: 46
Reactions: Kanzar

saychelles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm on Horizon 16.1.0, Atmosphere 1.6.2, trying to disable the check on Portal 2 but none of the plugins and patches will work. I've tried
  • Just the NX-NONET.elf plugin
  • Just the _ZN2nn4nifm18IsNetworkAvailableEv.asm64 patch
  • The plugin + all 3 asm64 patches
Any idea what might be going wrong? The game starts normally without WiFi, but crashes if WiFi is connected. It's as if SaltyNX and the plugins/patches weren't there at all.

Also interestingly, it crashes right away the first time I load it after boot, but then takes longer to crash the next times (and then stops crashing if I disable WiFi). That first crash seems to be something else than the network check.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey all, I'm on Horizon 16.1.0, Atmosphere 1.6.2, trying to disable the check on Portal 2 but none of the plugins and patches will work. I've tried
  • Just the NX-NONET.elf plugin
  • Just the _ZN2nn4nifm18IsNetworkAvailableEv.asm64 patch
  • The plugin + all 3 asm64 patches
Any idea what might be going wrong? The game starts normally without WiFi, but crashes if WiFi is connected. It's as if SaltyNX and the plugins/patches weren't there at all.

Also interestingly, it crashes right away the first time I load it after boot, but then takes longer to crash the next times (and then stops crashing if I disable WiFi). That first crash seems to be something else than the network check.
https://github.com/masagrator/PortalNXSideLoader

Install Portal2-NoWeb-NXSideLoader.zip

Reactions: hippy dave

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I think Tomb Raider Remastered tries to connect and crashes when it can't ?
I've tried to start the game in airplane mode and it asks to disable it for seemingly no reason, makes me think it wants to make an internet check

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I think Tomb Raider Remastered tries to connect and crashes when it can't ?
I've tried to start the game in airplane mode and it asks to disable it for seemingly no reason, makes me think it wants to make an internet check
Nope, it crashes because of SaltyNX. Update SaltyNX to newest version that just released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...