Hacking Is it possible to be able to play PSX and PS2 games on Rogero?

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Rogero Multiman 4.41.

Update:

I actually had Rogero 4.50 v1.01, I can play PS1 and PS2 titles now!

Steps:
1. Downloaded the following:
- Rebug 4.80
- Rebug Toolbox(same page as file above)
- Latest multiman
2. I actually installed the toolbox first. Probably doesn't matter if you install this first or after Rebug. Install on XMB via package files.
3. I first tried installing it via Safe Mode which always got me the "data is corrupted" error. Then I installed via XMB and it worked! At first I got MD5 mismatches because I downloaded Rebug on my phone but when I tried it on the PC I got perfect match of MD5 on my first download.
4. Installed multiman on XMB via package files.
5. Opened Rebug Toolbox, enabled Cobra and webman.
6. Transferred a PS2 title to the dev/hdd0/PS2ISO folder. Transferred PSX titles on the dev/hdd0/PSXISO folder.
7. Booted the games up in multiman and webman. Works. Awesomeness has been achieved.

What's next:

- PSP games
- PSN

Last edited by alienfromouterspace,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psone game discs work fine on all model os3 with cfw but only launch models have reliable support for ps2. You can try but you'll need a cobra enabled CFW to tinker with ps2 at all on no BC units.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use PSN version of those platform.
Yeah, that would be my default option.

Psone game discs work fine on all model os3 with cfw but only launch models have reliable support for ps2. You can try but you'll need a cobra enabled CFW to tinker with ps2 at all on no BC units.
Hm. I don't think I have Cobra. Guess it's better if I just buy a PS2. Thanks!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that would be my default option.

Hm. I don't think I have Cobra. Guess it's better if I just buy a PS2. Thanks!

No, you can.. Get a rebug .. Go to google and type CFW rebug and there you have it. It is including Cobra so you can play PS2 iso as backup in CFW rebug. I have one and love it!

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The risk in no greater than when you first installed you CFW. In fact as well tested as rebug is I'd give it the same chance of bricking as installing an update from Sony. Little to none. Either way just put the rebug .pup file on your USB stick in the proper folder USB/PS3/UPDATE
Rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Insert it in the port nearest your bluray drive. And make sure there is no game in the disc drive
Put the console into recovery mode and use the update uption to install the rebug CFW. Once the install is finished go to the package manager under the game collumn and install the rebug toolbox (its stored on the internal drive so pick that in the package manager) once the rebug toolbox is installed run it and on the second collum toggle cobra to on and toggle webman to on. Change it to rebug mode and exit the app with the quit option in the first collum. Now install the latest multiman v4.80. Also install the latest webman updater and run it while holding L1 (webman 1.45.04 is the latest). Lastly open The ps3 web browser and open its settings and turn off the browser close conformation. You are now all set for using rebug CFW

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to connect online in any of those steps? And would that automatically override Rogero? Sounds amazingly easy it sounds too good to be true!

By the way I bought this already with Rogero installed so I don't know anything about installing stuff.

PS: Isn't Cobra the hardware CFW override for superslims?

Last edited by alienfromouterspace,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to go online. It's all done offline.

Like I said just put the pup file in PS3/UPDATE and rename as I mentioned and you are ready to install.

And cobra was a dongle that enabled a lot of extra features in the early cfw days but it was later made open source by the company that made it. Since then all those features were integrated into free solutions such as rebugs cfw.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*ahem* Like I said before not all PS2 games will work. All PSX games should work fine, but since PS3 Slim and some PS3 Phat versions don't have PS2 chips to play PS2 games it all relies from emulation and hardware so don't expect all games to work. Mostly depends on the PS3 you have. There was a list of compatible PS2 games for PS3 CFW although I have forgotten the link.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only require cobra. Setup rebug as I mentioned

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After cobra is enabled simply put ps2 isos in the PS2ISO folder on the internal drive and psone isos in the PSXISO folder and run them with the webman plugin you installed and updated while setting up rebug.

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant in installing Rebug. Also is this correct? The Rebug file is barely 1kb in size? The toolbox is barely 1mb? Are you online in the next hour? I'll be attempting this right now.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debug file should be about 180mb

You likely only downloaded the .text file with the actual links to rebug.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also since you are on cfw this will install over it without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to