Android Is it possible to make/port a ds emu for android tablets?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Emulators need like 10x times better hardware than what they are emulating in order to play back 100% speed

That was the general notion in early emulation. Now with tricks such as dynamic recompilation, the amount of processing power needed is not as much.

Reactions: 2 people

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically the hardware has to be similar and we would need some dedicated devs to make a port? Am i right or am i wrong?
The hardware doesn't have to be similar, but it makes the process a bit easier.
Oh ok. I really wish i could be able to accomplish things like porting no$cash gba but sadly all i could currently do to help in a situation like this is beta test.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could just, and this might sound crazy, just get a ds and a flashcart.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound rude, but obviously if he/she was interested in that, that's exactly what he/she'd be doing. I do emulation on my smartphone all the time for GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES, Genesis. Even more so before I got a 3DS (I never owned an original DS). For someone like that, of course they'd be interested in keeping all their gaming on one device if possible, as opposed to buying a second handheld to play games.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound rude, but obviously if they were interested in that, that's exactly what they'd be doing.
OR maybe they were just wanting to play the games without having to buy and carry around another system? You know, checking to see what's possible before plonking down $100+.

This reply i am quoting is full of fail
Considering the reply is actually a functional solution while the OP is not (not being possible at this time), I'd say it's a fair reply.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
OR maybe they were just wanting to play the games without having to buy and carry around another system? You know, checking to see what's possible before plonking down $100+.
That's exactly what I said dude, in a later part of my post, which you didn't quote. :glare:
Considering the reply is actually a functional solution while the OP is not (not being possible at this time), I'd say it's a fair reply.
How is it a functional solution? He's asking if there's a way to port a DS emu to Android, not if there's a practical way for him to play emulators on the go. The OP is asking for apples, he's responding with "oranges are really healthy, you know." :P

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
That's exactly what I said dude, in a later part of my post, which you didn't quote. :glare:
How is it a functional solution? He's asking if there's a way to port a DS emu to Android, not if there's a practical way for him to play emulators on the go. The OP is asking for apples, he's responding with "oranges are really healthy, you know." :P

How is it a functional solution? It allows op to play the ds games he wants and what's this shit about apples and oranges? Makes no sense at all.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I felt the part about having to buy the system was important.

How is it a functional solution?
Buying a DS and a flash cart is a solution to the problem of wanting to play DS games and not having a way to play them.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How is it a functional solution? It allows op to play the ds games he wants and what's this shit about apples and oranges? Makes no sense at all.
Because that's not what he's asking for. Not once does he say "I want to play games free," or "I want to play on a mobile emulator because I don't have a DS." Heck, he might HAVE a DS for all we know. But even if he did, it still stands that your answer isn't the solution for what he's asking at all. No offense, but it just isn't. Unless of course he changes his mind and decides to go with that.

Not to sound rude, but obviously if they were interested in that, that's exactly what they'd be doing. I do emulation on my smartphone all the time for GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES, Genesis. Even more so before I got a 3DS (I never owned an original DS). For someone like that, of course they'd be interested in keeping all their gaming on one device if possible, as opposed to buying a second handheld to play games.
A-HEM.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
He specifically mentioned a flash cart so it's safe to assume he intends to play ROMs, whether they're pirated or otherwise may depend as his focus did seem to be keeping things on one device if possible, which is something people use flash carts for to avoid carrying lots of shit around.

And yeah, I misread that, my bad.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
Because that's not what he's asking for. Not once does he say "I want to play games free," or "I want to play on a mobile emulator because I don't have a DS." Heck, he might HAVE a DS for all we know. But even if he did, it still stands that your answer isn't the solution for what he's asking at all. No offense, but it just isn't. Unless of course he changes his mind and decides to go with that.

Not to sound rude, but obviously if they were interested in that, that's exactly what they'd be doing. I do emulation on my smartphone all the time for GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES, Genesis. Even more so before I got a 3DS (I never owned an original DS). For someone like that, of course they'd be interested in keeping all their gaming on one device if possible, as opposed to buying a second handheld to play games.
A-HEM.

Yes because the op clear intends to pay for games to play on an emulator. Well done.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
He specifically mentioned a flash cart so it's safe to assume he intends to play ROMs, whether they're pirated or otherwise may depend as his focus did seem to be keeping things on one device if possible, which is something people use flash carts for to avoid carrying lots of shit around.

And yeah, I misread that, my bad.
I must've missed something then... I read the OP and didn't see him say that, unless he mentioned it later.

**EDIT**
Just reread the thread... the OP never mentioned flashcarts...

Yes because the op clear intends to pay for games to play on an emulator. Well done.
I never said that. And even so, you're dodging the argument here.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound rude, but obviously if they were interested in that, that's exactly what they'd be doing.

This reply i am quoting is full of fail

I'm sure the OP realizes a DS will play DS roms. He wants to play them on his android tablet not a DS

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, don't spoil me stuff pls