Hacking Is possible to make LEGIT CIAs of game updates?

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know we can do eshop spoofing to download all the updates now, but I want to know if it possible

I think if you download the updates yourself on an updated emuNAND you can then extract the ticket.db (using rxTools probably) and using that file on your PC you can download legit (for your console) .cias with funkycia.

I don't know if that's the entire process, since I've never done it, but it should be at least kind of close.

I don't think you can make a universal legit .cia, meaning you couldn't download a game update .cia somebody else made, but I could be wrong because it's not something I've looked into.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no

It won't be "legit" in the sense that you can use it on any system, but if you have an older version of the update installed, you can replace it with the newer version and it will still work as each update has the exact same tickets. I was able to use my 9.5 Gateway emuNAND, dump the tickets using rxTools and then build a CIA of the newest Pokémon OmegaRuby update in FunkaCIA which installed fine and let me go online again.

Hopefully that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU