Hacking Question Is Switch Piracy going to be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't make a thread... In the sticky threads you can find info...

There's lots of exploits coming soon and Team-Xecuter claimed to bring a chip to hack the console, they said they would give news at Spring, but they claimed they got the first chip and it had reliability problems that they will need to solve and probably change the manufacturing company... So it got delayed and probably news may come in the summer, no one knows since they haven't give any info about when it will get released.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think if they release something this year at least around mid-year and the end of the year we will probably already be running backups and have a custom OS...

I don't think TX would sell a chip 4 homebrew... It will surely fully hack\glitch the console... And we all know after that point everyday a new thing appears online and doesn't take much time to get a backup loader, cheats, custom OS, apps.......

Ps: problem is if TX never release anything or gets like gateway, it will take a huge amount of time to get backups then since the exploit Devs are all against piracy, I'm sure they will do everything they can to just give access to homebrew and make it a lot difficult to run backups on their exploits.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, nobody knows yet. But, like who the fuck are you trying to fool? We know you're just stealing games like a normal human being.

Piracy isn't theft in the same sense as stealing. Think of it more like making a copy of something you don't own, and keeping the original copy intact. Still illegal, but not really theft per se. Like say I rent a book, I make a 1:1 copy of, then return it, that's a good
example of piracy, or renting a movie, dumping the video files, you get the idea. The original copies are still there, I just duplicated them illegally.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably not the case. Realistically, on 1.0.0-3.0.0, we're probably looking at a matter of months. Even on 3.0.1-4.0.1, if it is a matter of years, you're probably not looking at many years.

People just can't admit they want to pirate games. I couldn't care less when it happens.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"test" ha,
i don't know why some people keep denying that they want to play games for free.
Honestly it's a mystery.

The only games I have obtained though other means are Wii and Gamecube games, as trying to track down the originals would be difficult and expensive (and my entire collection is digital). In reality I've been moving away from any form of piracy for a while - I even got a Crunchyroll subscription (despite the fact that the apps crash on the weekends so i have to use the site) for the sole reason that the smooch site and it's competitors rejiggered their ads to bypass my adblock - and they are particularly nasty ones that are difficult to dismiss. Paying for a subscription is safer than my computer being suddenly hijacked and my banking info stolen. Can't get around it, as the same sites that provide pirated content almost always use aggressive ads that may be outright dangerous.

Nisem0n0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youtube videos are a thing, just sayin. I know watching gameplay/videos isn't the same as actual hands on but it should at least give you some idea, even better if you get feedback from someone you know that has the game. I find these laughably superficial reasons hilarious, you're not even trying anymore.
ps- not criticizing anyone who pirates for everyone has their reasons, just this thread i found funny

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
*Notices thread*

DXX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.