Others Is the EZFlash jusior still available in the UK?

Isgolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched in all the dealers in the main page and none are still available, is it still in production?
If not what alternatives do I have for a GBC?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased one from senkogames' ebay store a few weeks ago, but it seems like they're out of stock now.
You can try other sellers on ebay, or maybe consider buying an Everdrive GB clone from aliexpress instead.

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't feed the cloners. You're taking money from the table of the guys who did the hard work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've searched in all the dealers in the main page and none are still available, is it still in production?
If not what alternatives do I have for a GBC?
You can get them from AliExpress and also eBay. I ended up getting mine from eBay. The cost is about the same. Game Boy modding shops like RetroModding also sells them.
Please don't feed the cloners. You're taking money from the table of the guys who did the hard work.
While I generally agree with you, I think KriKzz overcharges for flashcarts, and that is what allows clones to exist and be such a compelling option. If he didn't charge so much for them, and instead had them mass produced to lower the cost, he would take a lot of sales away from clones. There is clearly a big market for retro flashcarts right now, so he kind of brought it on himself by keeping the pricing so high IMO. If you price your product high you invite competition and clones and if you refuse to lower the price to meet that competition then you are going to lose sales, it's basic logic. Whether he's losing sales to EZFlash or to knockoffs makes no difference, it's still a lost sale.

It's shitty of them to clone somebody else's product instead of making their own, but it's not something the end user is likely to care about. We're pirates, we're already taking money away from the companies making games, do you really expect people to care? What matters is who can provide the best bang for your buck and the best support, obviously with clones you're not going to get the same support because you most likely won't be able to get the latest EverDrive updates, that's the tradeoff you're making for the lower price.
Considering that, given the choice I would go with (and did in fact get) an EZFlash over an ED clone just because I'm guaranteed to get the latest updates, and the money goes towards the people who are providing them, so there is an incentive to continue providing updates. But EZFlash hasn't prioritized updating the EZFlash Jr, the latest (RC) firmware with the RTC fixes is still buggy, it hasn't received updates in a long time despite being in such a buggy state, and there is no real time save which I believe the EverDrive has, so I'm not even sure I made the right choice there, I might've been better off with an ED clone.
But I wouldn't buy an original EverDrive, they're just too expensive. It was never an option, it was either EZFlash or an ED clone. And I'm sure many are in the same boat as me on this.

Bottom line, I don't think trying to appeal to the morals of pirates is going to get you anywhere. We don't have morals. :P

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
You say pirates, but with retro it's a little different than when a system is in its commercial life. No retail GBA game you buy today will enrich its developer or publisher.

I would agree those ED products are expensive, I've bought EZ-Flash in the past and been happy with them. However, it's similar with retro console HDMI products. People engineer products that are then ripped off on Aliexpress and that's just below the belt I think.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You say pirates, but with retro it's a little different than when a system is in its commercial life. No retail GBA game you buy today will enrich its developer or publisher.

I would agree those ED products are expensive, I've bought EZ-Flash in the past and been happy with them. However, it's similar with retro console HDMI products. People engineer products that are then ripped off on Aliexpress and that's just below the belt I think.
Yes and no. Companies still profit from their retro games by ports and emulation, having a flashcart that can run all these games may prevent some people from buying re-releases. But it's not as cut and dry as piracy of modern games that are still being supported.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
The Everdrive GB classic isn't being made any more - its Aliexpress clones are cheaper and have fewer features than the X series currently being produced. Authentic Everdrives are in short supply owing to the war in Ukraine and sell out almost immediately after they are listed.
In typical situations buying cloned hardware might be dishonest, but this is hardware which is out of production, targets a different price point and feature set, and doesn't seem to be affecting the original manufacturer's bottom line.

...and there is no real time save which I believe the EverDrive has, so I'm not even sure I made the right choice there, I might've been better off with an ED clone...
Only the high end EDGB x7 has builtin save states, and the X series hasn't been cloned. If you want the best of the best, you have to buy an authentic cart (and people do).
You can download per-game patches here though.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine from retrogamingparts in the UK, delivered next day too.

They're currently out of stock but say they're expecting more in the next 10 days, so keep an eye on them.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

That's simply not true anymore. More and more publishers release their old games bundled with emulators. Apart from the Virtual console with many first party nintendo games (3DS has Gameboy games and Wii U has Gameboy Advance games), there are castlevania collections with the gameboy and gameboy advance games, Shantae is available on switch and even disney sells the gameboy version of jungle book again in the classic games collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.