ROM Hack Question Is there a hacked version of Mario Kart Live Home Circuit ?

Temaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I was wondering if someone has made some kind of hack of mario kart live home circuit for nintendo switch to :
- be able to use more gates to "draw" the circuit. I know 100 more gates would not make sense as nintendo recommend a surface of 3m x 3.5m to play but hey with more gates you can make the circuit harder with less shortcuts and why not use height (I don't know if it would work correctly). It would be especially nice to play in the garden (I know Nintendo do not recommend do play outside but it works great according to some youtube videos...).
- be able to play with other RC toys (if it is not some kind of full locked proprietary communication system maybe).
- use some kind of third party object to increase the "playable distance" and decrease lag maybe because I have seen a lot of people complaining about lag and "playable distance" too short

I don't have the game because lag + only 4 gates + 3x3.5m makes me a little bit reluctant to buy it for the moment, but I'd really like to play mario kart with RC toys

Thanks

edit : typo + precision

Last edited by Temaps,

C_Vin3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing. I've been able to use the drive and steer motor signals from the karts board run into an arduino nano and convert those signals to standard rc hobby car signals which sort of works.... the car is mobile and controlable by the game, however there seems to be an accelerometer / speed sensor built into the kart which is really messing up the operation. as soon as the car takes off it know its going faster than its supposed to and stops accelerating until its going slow enough at which point it will start again. it also wont go in reverse until it senses it has come to a complete stop. any help hacking the hardware or software to modify these speed readings would be helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D