Hacking Question Is there a legal mod chip yet? Also with a mod chip would there be a way to avoid a ban?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What kind of question is this? There has never been a 'legal modchip'. Depending on country they are either in a grey zone or forbidden. Per definition it is impossible to create such a thing whose only reason for its existance is to circumvent copy protection/security mechanisms.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: nantalos

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What kind of question is this? There has never been a 'legal modchip'. Depending on country they are either in a grey zone or forbidden. Per definition it is impossible to create such a thing whose only reason for its existance is to circumvent copy protection/security mechanisms.
you know what I meant.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can come out with one to compete with AliExpress. That would make it legal, I guess. They also have the "virtual" version of this modchip, which costs several $$$$$$K up-front, then you can play any game you like. The virtual version will include a Raspberry Pi4 for homebrew.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by le
Nintendo can come out with one to compete with AliExpress. That would make it legal, I guess. They also have the "virtual" version of this modchip, which costs several $$$$$$K up-front, then you can play any game you like. The virtual version will include a Raspberry Pi4 for homebrew.
I meant something that not from that company with the X as their logo that pirates foss projects for money like atmosphere.

Last edited by LinusRG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A