Is there an easy way to get into microsd manager of new3ds series?

yuuhicho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Due to the design of the sd card slot, it is very troublesome to pull out the sd card. Microsd manager in the system setting works well, but the process of turning it on and off is too verbose. ftpd can replace it to a certain extent, and it is very convenient to open, but ftpd is often unstable and cannot transfer large files.
I tried installing a separate cia app of microsd manager, but the system crashes when exiting the app. I am warrying about it may corrupt my files. So I' m finding a way to run microsd manager directly from the 3ds desktop, without a system crash. Hope someone can help, thanks.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: Not related to the OP Question because of missreading:
A Manager like a file explorer can only access and modify files on a drive on this running Operating system. To access a drive and data on another location you need a protocol that uses TCP or UDP to transport the information over the connection. This is ftp, SMB (Windows), samba (Linux), NFS (Linux) or DLNA for Music content. A NAS for example uses SMB to provide the data in the network.

So No, there exist no classic pure File Manager/Explorer to access files on other devices, without use of smb or ftp.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Manager like a file explorer can only access and modify files on a drive on this running Operating system. To access a drive and data on another location you need a protocol that uses TCP or UDP to transport the information over the connection. This is ftp, SMB (Windows), samba (Linux), NFS (Linux) or DLNA for Music content. A NAS for example uses SMB to provide the data in the network.
Your post is baffling. Do you have any idea what microSD Management is, or did you just misread the question..?
https://en-americas-support.nintend...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

Microsd manager in the system setting works well
That's the first time I've heard that. Are you aware that leaving the SMB1 protocol enabled on your PC is an enormous security vulnerability? Usually it is not recommended for that reason.

ftpd can replace it to a certain extent, and it is very convenient to open, but ftpd is often unstable and cannot transfer large files.
That's the first time I've heard that, too. What are you using on your PC to communicate with ftpd? Filezilla is often recommended.

but the process of turning it on and off is too verbose.
It's three button taps..? Hardly seems worth agonizing over.

Reactions: Sypherone

yuuhicho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Your post is baffling. Do you have any idea what microSD Management is, or did you just misread the question..?
https://en-americas-support.nintend...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

That's the first time I've heard that. Are you aware that leaving the SMB1 protocol enabled on your PC is an enormous security vulnerability? Usually it is not recommended for that reason.

That's the first time I've heard that, too. What are you using on your PC to communicate with ftpd? Filezilla is often recommended.

I probably understand your meaning, but I can't explain it clearly because of my poor English.

But I really never knew leaving the SMB1 protocol enabled is security vulnerability. I only know that the speed and stability of transferring files in this way are within my acceptable range. Thank you for telling me!

I use the Windows file manager to access ftpd. Is there a security problem too? Is it better to use filezilla?
Post automatically merged:

It takes a little time to start it from the system settings...The screen will go out and cannot be operated, and I have to exit from the system settings to the desktop, which makes me upset. Maybe my requirements are too high. Of course, this is not a serious problem. I just want to know if there is a better method or not😂

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Missreading
"but ftpd is often unstable and cannot transfer large files."
What are you using on your PC to communicate with ftpd? Filezilla is often recommended.
Can validate because i encountered once the same problem, that transfer of large files by using ftpd and filezilla breaks. Even if the 3DS lays directly beside the WLAN Accesspoint.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I probably understand your meaning, but I can't explain it clearly because of my poor English.
Honestly, your English is much better than that of a lot of other people who turn up here.

But I really never knew leaving the SMB1 protocol enabled is security vulnerability. I only know that the speed and stability of transferring files in this way are within my acceptable range. Thank you for telling me!
Personally, I think the risk of network vulnerabilities is greatly overstated in most home computer setups, but I am probably very naive that way.

Anyway, I usually suggest muCommander for people who want to use microSD Management; it has its own implementation of SMB1 that is separate from the OS.

I use the Windows file manager to access ftpd. Is there a security problem too? Is it better to use filezilla?
There's nothing wrong with using file manager (or rather Windows Explorer, to be precise) for FTP, but if you're experiencing problems, Filezilla will likely work much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...