OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So on My ns I have the stock digitizer. the plastic one
I am looking for a glass one like on phones
(Preferably without touch functionality)
**Not screen protector touch screen**

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask why?

Why isn`t a new genuine one with a glass protector sufficient?

Whatever you end up with, it will be non-genuine. With all the possible reliability problems that brings.

"Without touch functionality"? Sorry but WTF?

How are you going to control the thing without joypad / joycons?

Is it a kiosk you are building or something

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if you drop it, it shatters. and if it shatters, it's a total pain in the butt to replace. and it's already a total pain in the butt to replace.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also would agree with mattytrog. I have a 6 year old and a ten year old both of which have glass screen protectors and the screen has remained in mint condition even after a few protected drops

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask why?

Why isn`t a new genuine one with a glass protector sufficient?

Whatever you end up with, it will be non-genuine. With all the possible reliability problems that brings.

"Without touch functionality"? Sorry but WTF?

How are you going to control the thing without joypad / joycons?

Is it a kiosk you are building or something

I suspect the OP just wants to rip off the touch screen digitiser and replace it with a glass variant (similar to some of the ones we see on phones, or perhaps around here those glass fronts that we saw the original GBA get a little while back), but also retain touchscreen functionality. I am guessing the harder to scratch nature of glass is more desired than the drop resistance of plastic.

As for the question no idea if people have gone there yet. However where I might expect someone to custom cut some glass sheets and bundle it with some UV curing resin or something then I doubt we will see anything with a custom touch panel for many years yet and thus the best option is likely to be a screen protector.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect the OP just wants to rip off the touch screen digitiser and replace it with a glass variant (similar to some of the ones we see on phones, or perhaps around here those glass fronts that we saw the original GBA get a little while back), but also retain touchscreen functionality. I am guessing the harder to scratch nature of glass is more desired than the drop resistance of plastic.

As for the question no idea if people have gone there yet. However where I might expect someone to custom cut some glass sheets and bundle it with some UV curing resin or something then I doubt we will see anything with a custom touch panel for many years yet and thus the best option is likely to be a screen protector.

The "without touch functionality" is puzzling me...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "without touch functionality" is puzzling me...
My bad. My mind autocorrected that one.

In that case OP you might well be able to get your own piece of glass cut and fit it as per standard screen bonding protocols. Neither are likely to be particularly cheap or that easy if you have not done such things before (and trying to remove a bonded digitiser from a screen is often a risky process, though to be fair most times I have done it have been for rather broken screens which does not make it easier) and with the size of the thing the basic aliexpress type tools (really do recommend a hot wire for this one) might not be enough.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My bad. My mind autocorrected that one.

In that case OP you might well be able to get your own piece of glass cut and fit it as per standard screen bonding protocols. Neither are likely to be particularly cheap or that easy if you have not done such things before (and trying to remove a bonded digitiser from a screen is often a risky process, though to be fair most times I have done it have been for rather broken screens which does not make it easier) and with the size of the thing the basic aliexpress type tools (really do recommend a hot wire for this one) might not be enough.

I just don`t get OPs logic.

He wants a glass "digitizer" without touch screen functionality.

The plastic ones are easy enough to replace. I`ve done loads. But the quality of the digitizers coming from old Commie-land are atrocious.
I had 4 faulty ones out of a batch of ten.

"Every unit tested prior to dispatch" my arse... Yeah... Tested and if it fails the test, send the fooker anyway.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah like said, cut yourself some glass. Broken is what we call a digitizer without touch functionality. That's it's whole purpose.

If you want a glass screen without the slight bulge of a protector then take off the digitizer, use it to stensil and get someone to laser cut an equalliy thick piece of glass to those dimensions.

You effectively get yourself a build in glass screen protector minus the black bezel of the old digitizer (assuming the digitizer and full front plastic are baked together)

Hell my screen protector has all the right cutouts and is only like half a mm shorter all around than the actual digitizer. Dunno about thickness but you could probably double up two protectors and just bond that to the screen if you wanted to try for a super cheap solution.

Last edited by Rasa39,

Dylan23455

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Soz completely forgot about this thread so I don't want touch functionality cos it's useless on the switch it just gets in the way and I want glass cos i don't take my switch out of the house but I do play in handheld mode slot and the plastic just didn't look right I just took of my old one and kinda just don't have anything there at the moment didn't look pretty but the screen look good now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la