• Replies 1,700
  • Likes 27

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Formating makes a new seed? Wouldnt that mean that if i got banned i only need to format?
It's not simple format, but yes. I tweaked the function that the format does so it would also generate a brand new seed. I think it simply modifies the existing one otherwise. In the old firmwares it made a new one though (bellow 6.0).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formating makes a new seed? Wouldnt that mean that if i got banned i only need to format?
No it doesn't. Seeds cannot be generated by the console, they are stored in more than one cert that is programmed when the console is manufactured. The seed is "active" on a server that provides services. Your console only has ONE good LFCS_B, the only reason you can use one from another console is because it's signed correctly. Formatting your console 25x will NOT give you a different seed period, it doesn't generate a new moveable.sed or LFCS, otherwise no one would have to do anything but format to get rid of a ban; which you know doesn't work. Nintendo is smarter than that...

Please vidit 3DBrew and read how these things work and you'll see this is wishful thinking. That's not how it works at all.

Reactions: ThoD

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not simple format, but yes. I tweaked the function that the format does so it would also generate a brand new seed. I think it simply modifies the existing one otherwise. In the old firmwares it made a new one though (bellow 6.0).
I'd heard the seeds were pre-registered by Nintendo on their servers so that we couldn't use generated seeds.

Have you actually used one of these format-generated seeds?

Reactions: Majickhat55

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'd heard the seeds were pre-registered by Nintendo on their servers so that we couldn't use generated seeds.

Have you actually used one of these format-generated seeds?
Got new seeds, haven't tried them yet, but as Majickhat (lol, butchered the name:rofl2:) said, they are most likely identical, gonna have to hash check them to see for sure.

Last edited by ThoD,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prior to 11.3 we COULD force the console to use a different device ID which WOULD create a new cert (LFCS, moveable.sed etc) when you did a system transfer with a bogus device ID, after tweaking some other settings. That's how I removed by hyperban last year but it;s since been patched. You can't use "bad" certs or bogus device IDs anymore, you'll get an error if it doesn't match the one your console was manufactured with when trying to use any online services.

It'll say "You can't use this device ID on this console."

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm surprised my friendcodeseed is still active, even though it was a public one. didnt they ban anyone this time around? or were people just cautious?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm surprised my friendcodeseed is still active, even though it was a public one. didnt they ban anyone this time around? or were people just cautious?
Pretty sure people were smarter this time. It's absolutely NOTHING compared to last year. I mean every game console website in existence was reporting large ban waves from people playing early last year. The game has been out for a week now and I haven't heard of even one person being banned when using a private seed; AFAIK only two public seeds were banned and there are already replacements. I won't assume just yet, but it seems like if you were smart about playing early, you've more than likely escaped the culling.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Prior to 11.3 we COULD force the console to use a different device ID which WOULD create a new cert (LFCS, moveable.sed etc) when you did a system transfer with a bogus device ID, after tweaking some other settings. That's how I removed by hyperban last year but it;s since been patched. You can't use "bad" certs or bogus device IDs anymore, you'll get an error if it doesn't match the one your console was manufactured with when trying to use any online services.

It'll say "You can't use this device ID on this console."
That's very similar to what I did to a 6.0 device, so I guess the seeds I got are indeed different. Don't know if they will still work to this day though:/

Pretty sure people were smarter this time. It's absolutely NOTHING compared to last year. I mean every game console website in existence was reporting large ban waves from people playing early last year. The game has been out for a week now and I haven't heard of even one person being banned when using a private seed; AFAIK only two public seeds were banned and there are already replacements. I won't assume just yet, but it seems like if you were smart about playing early, you've more than likely escaped the culling.
I saw a video discussing the bans and how things were different this year and they mentioned three public seeds, but that's still a very small amount of bans and could even be completely unrelated.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Public seeds always eventually get banned so that's not exactly telling as far as I'm concerned. They usually only last 1-3 months if you're lucky anyway. Unless someone using a their own console's seed get's banned and can prove it's because of Pokémon, I'll worry. I think people forget you can be banned for a lot more than just playing a game early. Some people cheat online and lie about it, use flashcards without private headers etc.. People always play the victim so it's hard to get credible info unless there are more than a few getting banned all at once.

I find it ironic that almost anytime someone gets banned today they assume it's because of Pokémon just because of last year..... Even if they bought it legally it's still their first question, "You think it was because of Pokémon?!" Well how could it be if you bought it legit on release day? Lol

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Public seeds always eventually get banned so that's not exactly telling as far as I'm concerned. They usually only last 1-3 months if you're lucky anyway. Unless someone using a their own console's seed get's banned and can prove it's because of Pokémon, I'll worry. I think people forget you can be banned for a lot more than just playing a game early. Some people cheat online and lie about it, use flashcards without private headers etc.. People always play the victim so it's hard to get credible info unless there are more than a few getting banned all at once.

I find it ironic that almost anytime someone gets banned today they assume it's because of Pokémon just because of last year..... Even if they bought it legally it's still their first question, "You think it was because of Pokémon?!" Well how could it be if you bought it legit on release day? Lol

Well, pokemon is one of Ninty's cash cow franchises, so i can see when people being banned they assume it was over a pokemon game, especially over what happened last year .

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
No it doesn't. Seeds cannot be generated by the console, they are stored in more than one cert that is programmed when the console is manufactured. The seed is "active" on a server that provides services. Your console only has ONE good LFCS_B, the only reason you can use one from another console is because it's signed correctly. Formatting your console 25x will NOT give you a different seed period, it doesn't generate a new moveable.sed or LFCS, otherwise no one would have to do anything but format to get rid of a ban; which you know doesn't work. Nintendo is smarter than that...

Please vidit 3DBrew and read how these things work and you'll see this is wishful thinking. That's not how it works at all.

You do realize i was quoting? I knew that is not how its supposed to be.

Thanks for the explanation anyway!

Last edited by alexj9626,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize i was quoting? I knew that is not how its supposed to be.

Thanks for the explanation anyway!
I wasn't talking to anyone specifically, else I would have used the reply.... Just saying. How would you think I was speaking to you when you have no posts on this page? Lol Makes no sense to me. Meaning you've said NOTHING on page 85 and think that comment was directed at you? Lol I need coffee.

Reactions: ThoD and KunoichiZ

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I wasn't talking to anyone specifically, else I would have used the reply.... Just saying. How would you think I was speaking to you when you have no posts on this page? Lol Makes no sense to me. Meaning you've said NOTHING on page 85 and think that comment was directed at you? Lol I need coffee.

You quoted me? The hell you are talking about.

Edit: think i wasnt clear. You used my reply, you quoted it, so yeah im thinking you are talking to me. Maybe you need a coffee. Anyway, lets stop that stupid argument. Again, thanks for the reply cause it was helpfull, but be sure what are you talking before reacting like that.

Last edited by alexj9626,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You quoted me? The hell you are talking about.

Edit: think i wasnt clear. You used my reply, you quoted it, so yeah im thinking you are talking to me. Maybe you need a coffee. Anyway, lets stop that stupid argument. Again, thanks for the reply cause it was helpfull, but be sure what are you talking before reacting like that.
I didn't quote any messages dude... You're nuts. I only quoted your reply to MY post assuming I was talking to you. No reason to get all shitty either. You can clearly see my post has no quotes and was not edited..... So yeah, you're nuts.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gone online in a few months and probably wont use my 3DS for a few more months. Am I safe?
No point in not going online, you're basically banning yourself. Unless you're playing a leak you're either safe or a ban was coming any way. Unless you're doing blatant piracy (i.e. leaked games) or cheating online (real cheating, not Pokemon cheating) you're just as safe going online as you are staying off, and staying off is less fun

Reactions: RattletraPM

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No point in not going online, you're basically banning yourself. Unless you're playing a leak you're either safe or a ban was coming any way. Unless you're doing blatant piracy (i.e. leaked games) or cheating online (real cheating, not Pokemon cheating) you're just as safe going online as you are staying off, and staying off is less fun
Agreed. Even if you get banned there are already a couple of ways you can unban yourself anyways so there's no real reason to stay offline. Howerer I thought he meant that he couldn't use his 3DS or simply didn't play it recently instead of purposely avoiding going online.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I generally like playing online, but I don't think there are a lot of good online games for 3DS and I have a big backlog on other systems. Once I beat all the Metroid prime series I'll play some Samus Returns though

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I generally like playing online, but I don't think there are a lot of good online games for 3DS and I have a big backlog on other systems. Once I beat all the Metroid prime series I'll play some Samus Returns though
If you say that, then you clearly haven't played Monster Hunter. Just because there aren't many good online games doesn't mean that you won't be spending a crapload of time on the good ones:P As for great, not just good, 3DS games with online you got RE:R, LM2DM, Fantasy Life and so on! Sure, many require a friend to play with, but I doubt it's hard to make ONE friend...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: