Itch.io has a $5 bundle of over 1,000 indie games and content to help raise money for Palestine

itchio_6tjc.jpg

Itch.io is hosting another massive game bundle to help raise money for charity. Just like last year's Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, this new bundle consists of 1,020 indie games, assets, soundtracks, and more for just $5, all from independent game developers banding together for the cause of Palestinian aid. Any and all money made from the bundle will go straight to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, who has already helped over a million individuals affected by the ongoing situation in Palestine. All of the content within the bundle is DRM-free, and includes games such as Liyla and The Shadows Of War, STRAINGE, To Duel List, The Count of Monte Carlo, and many, many more. The bundle will be available until June 12th. At the time of writing, the bundle has raised nearly $120,000, with a hopeful goal of $500,000.

This is a grassroots bundle by indie devs who want to help Palestinians.

All profit from this bundle will be donated to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency. The UNRWA has provided food assistance for over one million Palestinians, and continues to do so in the territories with heavy destruction. They also provide emergency mental and physical health protection for those in the region. https://www.unrwa.org/gaza-emergency

Indie games are unique in that they can tell stories not seen in AAA or other games. We pour our life experiences into our games and share a piece of ourselves with the world. Palestinian game developers are no different in this aspect, but have the added challenges of limited access to basic services, like clean water, electricity, medical care, and food security. They live under Israeli authority that discriminates and subjugates Palestinians to the point of persecution and apartheid, simply for being Palestinian. Furthermore, they develop games without all the resources that come with being in a western hub for game development.

Palestinian game developer Rasheed Abueideh did exactly that when he made Liyla and the Shadows of War, which tells a story of a little girl who lives in Gaza during the 2014 war, in which 30% of civilian casualties were children. Liyla and the Shadows of War was showcased at IndieCade and A MAZE and earned numerous award nominations, including a win in Excellence in Storytelling at the International Mobile Gaming Awards Middle East/North Africa.

This bundle is pay-what-you-want (above $5 U.S. dollars) for Liyla and the Shadows of War, and you will receive hundreds of additional games, assets, and soundtracks graciously donated by game developers and media creators around the world for free. The bundle will run through Friday, June 11th. Together, we can raise funds for UNRWA for food and medical assistance for Palestinians AND highlight a game developer who is directly affected by the cause we are rallying behind.

:arrow: Source

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look up the massacre of Hebron in 1929. Decades before the current state of Israel was declared ~70 Jews murdered by Arabs.

Christians and Muslims certainly not living peacefully in the land that's now known as Lebanon. Even Muslims not getting along peacefully with Muslims in Syria.

Yes, I live in the land of Israel. No, I'm not Jewish and I was not raised here but I can tell you that the video you linked to is not typical of most people here. What they're saying in that video is abhorrent! I know from first hand experience that when running for our lives to a protected shelter and a scared and panicked child asks why "Arabs want to kill us" they're quickly corrected that it is Hammas that are firing rockets, not all Arabs. We live and work side by side with Arabs. My children go to school with and are friends with Arabs. Of course in a society as diverse as here there is an extreme right but don't let them speak for all of Israel.

Have you also seen the many videos from Gazan childrens' TV where they're being taught to hate and want to kill 'the Jew'?

My "old schemes". Nope, that didn't sound a bit like the start of some antisemitic rant… My point was that it's so fashionable these days to hate on Israel. But where is your, or the UN's, criticism of every other injustice in the world?

The morally bankrupt UN General Assembly has issued the following condemnations in the last 5-6 years:

Russia 12 times, North Korea 6 times, USA 7 times, Syria 8 times, China 0, Pakistan 0, Venezuela 0, Libya 0, Cuba 0, Turkey 0, Zimbabwe 0,

Israel… 112 times!
Yup. Myanmar is being dismantled in unthinkable ways by successive dictators, and there's real, actual widespread genocide going on there... but guess what... the people who seem so engaged in the Israel/Palestine fight don't seem to give a fuck. No itchio bundles there! Nope... those bundles wouldn't make them look hip and cool. It's funny how itchio only comes to the charge when there is an incredibly convenient media ploy going on.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see the fate of the Palestinians changing anytime soon, not with the western powers dominating the world making the situation extremely favourable to the Israelis. Hamas is helping the Zionists more than the Palestinians by giving them an excuse (is it a coincidence that the Zionists supported the founding of Hamas?). Palestine's best hope is a united Arab world which could act as a balancing factor to force a two-state solution, but the the western powers and the Zionists made sure that is not happening in foreseeable future by destroying the Ottoman empire and diving up the Arab lands with self-serving dictators and puppets in charge.

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Look up the massacre of Hebron in 1929. Decades before the current state of Israel was declared ~70 Jews murdered by Arabs.

Christians and Muslims certainly not living peacefully in the land that's now known as Lebanon. Even Muslims not getting along peacefully with Muslims in Syria.

Yes, I live in the land of Israel. No, I'm not Jewish and I was not raised here but I can tell you that the video you linked to is not typical of most people here. What they're saying in that video is abhorrent! I know from first hand experience that when running for our lives to a protected shelter and a scared and panicked child asks why "Arabs want to kill us" they're quickly corrected that it is Hammas that are firing rockets, not all Arabs. We live and work side by side with Arabs. My children go to school with and are friends with Arabs. Of course in a society as diverse as here there is an extreme right but don't let them speak for all of Israel.

Have you also seen the many videos from Gazan childrens' TV where they're being taught to hate and want to kill 'the Jew'?

My "old schemes". Nope, that didn't sound a bit like the start of some antisemitic rant… My point was that it's so fashionable these days to hate on Israel. But where is your, or the UN's, criticism of every other injustice in the world?

The morally bankrupt UN General Assembly has issued the following condemnations in the last 5-6 years:

Russia 12 times, North Korea 6 times, USA 7 times, Syria 8 times, China 0, Pakistan 0, Venezuela 0, Libya 0, Cuba 0, Turkey 0, Zimbabwe 0,

Israel… 112 times!
ok 1929 jews were slay by nazi, palestine welcome them with open hand even give them land to live in. Then parasite come in establish state of israel which come from the name of muslim ruler then event trying to take over palestine just for destruction of single mosque in palestine.

Last edited by Necron00,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm glad that the history of the "Jews" are being scrutinized, but lobbing grenades over a wall is not "self-defense". Palestinians were swindled, and now they are trying to play the media like the "Jews" did leading up to WW2.

Reactions: rafaelia

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
ok 1929 jews were slay by nazi, palestine welcome them with open hand even give them land to live in. Then parasite come in establish state of israel which come from the name of muslim ruler then event trying to take over palestine just for destruction of single mosque in palestine.
just because of money start to slay other people? wow where did you get money for military power? gun bullet missile tank armor grenade?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm glad that the history of the "Jews" are being scrutinized, but lobbing grenades over a wall is not "self-defense". Palestinians were swindled, and now they are trying to play the media like the "Jews" did leading up to WW2.
lol jews didn't lead ww 2 now that a fabrication

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yup. Myanmar is being dismantled in unthinkable ways by successive dictators, and there's real, actual widespread genocide going on there... but guess what... the people who seem so engaged in the Israel/Palestine fight don't seem to give a fuck. No itchio bundles there! Nope... those bundles wouldn't make them look hip and cool. It's funny how itchio only comes to the charge when there is an incredibly convenient media ploy going on.

Maybe the media isn't talking about Myanmar because it's opressor isn't being funded by every major government in the world? Maybe it's because the US and UK didn't say that the dictators have a right to defend themselves? Maybe because Myanmar isn't the only apartheid state in the world?

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
That wasn't the claim. Please read what I said for what it is.
no please read what i said it mention hamas
all start by israel the hatred go to somewhere powerful like person or country it's never ending war because source of hatred not found
As long as israel keep attacking palestine

Last edited by Necron00,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no please read what i said it mention hamas
all start by israel the hatred go to somewhere powerful like person or country it's never ending war because source of hatred not found
As long as israel keep attacking palestine

First, I didn't verbally disagree with anything you said. You misrepresented something I said, then I responded. Also, Israel and Palestine can keep attacking each other. It's not one-sided as you are suggesting.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
In light of all the political discourse going on about this topic why doesn't itch.io create a bundle for developers that want to support Israel? Now instead of people debating over topics they know nothing about they can just throw money at whichever side they choose, like a football game.

Welcome to politics

Reactions: MarkDarkness

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the media isn't talking about Myanmar because it's opressor isn't being funded by every major government in the world? Maybe it's because the US and UK didn't say that the dictators have a right to defend themselves? Maybe because Myanmar isn't the only apartheid state in the world?
What does that matter? People are dying by the hundreds there at protests. A state sponsored ethnic genocide has been ongoing for a few years now. A muslim ethnic group which is routinely discriminated against and denied citizenship. (Sound familiar?) So basically, as long as major world powers aren't too openly supportive of them, genocide and apartheid are fine?

Reactions: MarkDarkness

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake news. Palestinians did not welcome them with open hands and give them land. Britain seized Palestine from the Ottoman Empire. The Palestinians did not give the Jewish people land, the British did because the British now owned the land. The British divided the land up between Palestinians and Jews and that is how Israel was born. Palestinians had the opportunity to have peace and control of their land. Instead Palestinians and other terrorist Arab countries repeatedly started conflicts with Israel and lost. Arabs want to kill Jews, plain and simple. If history tells us anything, whoever is victorious in a war has claim to the land. Israel beat Palestinian ass and continues to do so. Israel is the rightful owner of the land.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My enemies are the republican party here in my own country, fucking up everything they touch. Globally though outside the U.S.? Maybe just North Korea's dictator, and that's about it.
oh yeah. F*ck those republicans and their historically low unemployment rate everywhere (including minorities, I mean who would want black people to actually work? that's slavery!), historical peace treaties between north and south korea, historical peace treaties in the middle east, historically low deportations of latinos.
Everything was better when Obama was starting wars in the middle east, facilitating human trafficking by the narcos, doing business with the cuban dictators that led to an ever increasing repression of political opponents in Cuba.
Damn republicans destroying eveything the US stands for.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This was a really really dumb comment. Borderline offensive, specialty in a thread about humanitarian aid.

So are you going to ignore the conversation that the comment was made in response to? Not sure if you noticed, but we had people in here front-lining for Hammas, saying that retaliation is the best form of "self-defense".

I mean, I forgive you for ignoring the walls of text and singling out the things you can easily respond to.

But please have some courtesy.

Last edited by tabzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D