Apple Jailbreaking Ipod Touch 2G

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
TornZero said:
Like ifish said, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. Most of you apparently do not (at least at the moment).

There are other ways to tell someone that instead of being rude and telling them to shut up.

If I can't find a completely nice way to say it, I'm not going to bother TRYING to be nice about it.

"Sorry, but if I may, I'm going to correct you all on this."

Would you have preferred a terrible attempt at feigning kindness over something blunt and honest?

QUOTE(ifish @ Jul 22 2010, 09:01 PM)
iOS 4.1 is already jailbroken with sn0wbreeze

Also, Sn0wbreeze V2.0 should be out eventually. it will work on all iOS.

So... YEAH
I specified in my post I was waiting for a full, untethered iOS 4 jailbreak for my MC Model iPod Touch 2G. sn0wbreeze is not a full, untethered jailbreak for all devices, especially not my iTouch.
But it is nice of you to tell us about the jailbreak for the iOS that's currently unreleased to the general public (meaning a Developer Release that not many can get their mice on).

Also, sn0wbreeze 2.0 is likely to be released AFTER iOS 4.1 is (considering the 1.8 beta is also for iOS 4.1), while comex is confirmed to be releasing his new update to Spirit BEFORE iOS 4.1 is released to the public.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TornZero said:
If I can't find a completely nice way to say it, I'm not going to bother TRYING to be nice about it.

Would you have preferred a terrible attempt at feigning kindness over something blunt and honest?

On the contrary, there's a difference between being blunt and being rude.
Being blunt you could have said something along the lines of, "This is nonsense".
Tell me, how would you react to someone telling you to shut up?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just saying.
Just so they have hope.
Just that they know a jailbreak is possible on iOS 4.1
since I have it.

No need to be sarcastic with me.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
TornZero said:

Being blunt you could have said something along the lines of, "This is nonsense".

I wouldn't really care, and I don't expect people online to care either.

Also, I was quoting ifish when I said it anyways (I even said in my post, "Like ifish said"), so why are you making only me the criminal?

QUOTE(ifish @ Jul 22 2010, 09:29 PM)
I was just saying.
Just so they have hope.
Just that they know a jailbreak is possible on iOS 4.1
since I have it.

No need to be sarcastic with me.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but not many at all can get the developer release for iOS 4.1, so those same people knowing there's a jailbreak for 4.1 is kind of pointless until the firmware is publicly released.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TornZero said:

My post was for the both of you.
He continues to tell people to shut up and I continue to tell him to stop it.
No point in telling someone to shut up simply cause you don't like a post.
It's the internet, you can't force someone to shut up, so why say it?
All you can do is try to keep your wits about you and show you can be blunt and respectful.
As annoying as that word is to me, there's nothing I can do about it, but I can say something to them.
All in all, I wasn't trying to jump on your case, I was telling the both of you that it's a rude thing to say.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TornZero said:
Like ifish said, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. Most of you apparently do not (at least at the moment).

I have an iPod Touch 2G MC Model myself, and I am jailbroken on 3.1.3 (through the Spirit Jailbreak by comex).

I regrettably updated to 4.0 due to curiosity of how it performs on my iTouch.

Thankfully, Spirit REQUIRED me to save my 3.1.3 SHSH blobs (as said before, it is how Apple prevents downgrading) to a Cydia (basically the App Store for jailbreakers if you didn't know) database so I could downgrade if I wanted to. This is where you have gone wrong. Since you were unable to save your SHSH blobs for 3.1.3 before being updated to iOS 4, you are prohibited from downgrading back to 3.1.3.

I am now waiting for a full, untethered jailbreak for iOS 4 (since sn0wbreeze tethers the 2G MC Model/3G iTouch and the 3Gs iPhone, and requires you to be at 3.1.2 to jailbreak to iOS 4).

Limera1n will not be released because geohot (creator of 3.1.2 jailbreak blackra1n) has quit.

redsn0w (by the Dev Team) is incompatible at the moment with the iDevices I mentioned above.

My only hope is the soon-to-be released Spirit Jailbreak Update for iOS 4.0.x.

Wait just a few more days and you will be able to jailbreak your iTouch, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT UPDATE AGAIN.

comex is working very hard on Spirit and plans to release it for 4.0.x instead of waiting for 4.1 (which was stated in his latest updates).

For the fastest updates for your iDevice (and the latest tech in general), subscribe to duncan33303 on YouTube.
whoever told you it would just be a few more days is just as deluded as everyone else. the internet is covered in fake dates in these things and they are going to quit if we try to force them to do this kind of crap on our schedule instead of their own. i read somewhere it was supposed to be out last month. somewhere else said today. somewhere else said last month. you can never trust people that don't work for the company itself. i for one do hope they release it by Sunday morning because i am going on a trip for about a month with no electronics othere than this ipod and i need to keep myself entertained which is hard to do with all these lame free games that end after the first 5 levels when each level lasts about 5 minutes tops.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gameguy95 said:
i for one do hope they release it by Sunday morning because i am going on a trip for about a month with no electronics othere than this ipod and i need to keep myself entertained which is hard to do with all these lame free games that end after the first 5 levels when each level lasts about 5 minutes tops.
We would be very lucky if the untethered jailbreak comes out soon. Remember how long Spirit took to be released?
And judging by your free games comment, I think your real question is: "I hope I can access [Redacted] by Sunday morning"

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
whoever told you it would just be a few more days is just as deluded as everyone else. the internet is covered in fake dates in these things and they are going to quit if we try to force them to do this kind of crap on our schedule instead of their own. i read somewhere it was supposed to be out last month. somewhere else said today. somewhere else said last month. you can never trust people that don't work for the company itself. i for one do hope they release it by Sunday morning because i am going on a trip for about a month with no electronics othere than this ipod and i need to keep myself entertained which is hard to do with all these lame free games that end after the first 5 levels when each level lasts about 5 minutes tops.
I NEVER said it would be just a few more days. And I only follow with the actual websites and updates from the creators of the programs, so fake dates are no trouble to me. All I said was it would be released before iOS 4.1 (which may take weeks).

@comex on twitter said:
I'm not waiting for 4.1 so I hope everyone has SHSH blobs saved.
tongue.gif
3:18 PM Jul 20th via web
Read the quote, and if you can't, you're illiterate.

metamaster said:
QUOTE(gameguy95 @ Jul 23 2010, 01:07 AM)
i for one do hope they release it by Sunday morning because i am going on a trip for about a month with no electronics othere than this ipod and i need to keep myself entertained which is hard to do with all these lame free games that end after the first 5 levels when each level lasts about 5 minutes tops.
We would be very lucky if the untethered jailbreak comes out soon. Remember how long Spirit took to be released?
And judging by your free games comment, I think your real question is: "I hope I can access [Redacted] by Sunday morning"
I think gameguy95 just got owned big time.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a teaser for you guys.

Comex like to release on sundays.

If it's a year. it will be on a sunday
smile.gif

Just keep that in mind...

I'm not saying the release date though