sipoon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wow, NO ONE is interested in Jam Sessions (M06 guitar game) except me ???
wtf.gif

either that or no one likes Tom Petty ( I think he's cool)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had M-06 for about a week or two. T'was pretty cool, cept I'm a hardcore electric guitarist, so it paled in comparison of the real thing (too small V_V ). However, it was pretty cool for those that never picked up a guitar before, my friends had a blast with it. One thing I liked was how it had a ton of songs that it let you play along with, helps you learn.

However, I got rid of the game for one important reason:
- It was kickin my DS Lite's ass.

As you see in the video, you DS will take a little bit of damage for extended periods of play (all that strumming on the touch screen). Also, since I have a DS Lite, it was a bit of a struggle to switch to the diagonal noted chords and switch from one note to another quickly. If I were to actually pick up this game again, I'd probably buy a DS to use with this game only (preferably a DS Phat).

All in all, it's a solid game and a solid entry for music titles on the DS. If you own a DS, you should give this one a try at least once.

[BTW, at the end of the second video I heard that the style of the Guitar had changed (sounded more like Electric, unlike the acoustic style featured in the first video). Was this "switching" of styles featured in the Japanese version of the game (M-06) or is this a new feature?

jvarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Mar 30 2007, 01:45 PM)][BTW, at the end of the second video I heard that the style of the Guitar had changed (sounded more like Electric, unlike the acoustic style featured in the first video). Was this "switching" of styles featured in the Japanese version of the game (M-06) or is this a new feature?

In the second video the guy had his DS hooked up to an effects pedal, with distortion. It's not an ingame feature.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still haven't tried the Japanese version out so I might as well give it a go. Wonder if it's possible to play ANY tunes on it? Or at least something that resembles something recognisable?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't tried the Japanese version out so I might as well give it a go. Wonder if it's possible to play ANY tunes on it? Or at least something that resembles something recognisable?
There's a mode in which there's a list of songs to choose from. Upon choosing that song, a series of notes appear on the top screen, vertically. You can choose to hear it played by the cpu in it's correct form all the way through first, so you get a feel of how the song should sound. You strum the notes in that order (with the correct tempo) to "play the song". Notes continue to scroll upwards only when you strum successfully. Unfortunately, there's nothing that keeps the beat, it's just you, reading the notes and strumming them in order.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the english version of this game aint out yet is it? only japanese version?
Correct. Just in case you decide to go hunting, here's some dump info for the Japanese version:

[0782] Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar - M-06

Game Info:
Region: Japan
Language(s): Japanese
Genre: Rhythm
Publishing Company: Plato

Release Info:
Group: WRG
Date: 2006-12-23
Filename: wrg-hugm6.zip
Dir Name: Hiite_Utaeru_DS_Guitar_M06_JPN_NDS-WRG

Rom Info:
Size: 512 Mbit
Save Type: Eeprom - 64 kbit

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find Daigasso Band Brothers quite boring. Maybe just because of the MIDI type music. But still, playing Mario songs or Smoke On The Water isn't that bad..

I think japs especially love Smoke On The Water since it was also on Guitar Freaks if I'm wrong.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'
I think japs especially love Smoke On The Water since it was also on Guitar Freaks if I'm wrong. '

Deep Purple is hugely popular in Japan, and has been for ages. Their best-selling album is... GASP... a live album, from Japan, from the 70's.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.