Hacking jamais vu - a 1.0.0 TrustZone code execution exploit for the Nintendo Switch

cholaloula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Off topic and I apologise but I need to ask/say this:

Does anyone else think of Abba's Voulez-Vous when they read the title of this thread?

Back on topic now, apologies for the derailment.

While off topic, from what I see the CFW will be "Atmosphère"...

:)

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
(asking Q of @SciresM) So [is] the issue with CFW on 2.x+ .., that you would need to coldboot -> sleep -> warmboot w/code execution, in order to begin the CFW[?] ... need to run the code exec on every reboot?

IF a given exploit abuses the BPMP sleep/awaken cycle, then yes, every full reboot would revert to non-CFW state.
However, as you likely noticed, this is still significantly fewer times that a user would need to initiate the hack. Few people perform a full power cycle of their Switch. (No, GBATemp and ReSwitched are not representative of Switch owners overall).

Having CFW from cold-boot is a very different problem. It's still possible that hacks might exist to enable this. Existence of a coldboot (non-hardware based hack) is not even a rumor at this time.

Waze0613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wondering, I’m seeing a lot of people on 2.x, 3.x, 4.x firmware and a very few on 1.x.

So my question is, will we have a real long term support for 1.x firmware ?
I’ve seen somewhere that 1.x is the best firmware and will be the first one to get exploit via « jamais vu ».

Are the « hackers » confident to have CFW on that version that will be maintained in the future ?
Won’t they more focus on 2.x and 3.x which are also TrustZone hackable and Homebrew ready (for 3.0.0) ?

Thanks.

Rauliki

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just wondering, I’m seeing a lot of people on 2.x, 3.x, 4.x firmware and a very few on 1.x.

So my question is, will we have a real long term support for 1.x firmware ?
I’ve seen somewhere that 1.x is the best firmware and will be the first one to get exploit via « jamais vu ».

Are the « hackers » confident to have CFW on that version that will be maintained in the future ?
Won’t they more focus on 2.x and 3.x which are also TrustZone hackable and Homebrew ready (for 3.0.0) ?

Thanks.
Even if, what is the problem? You can borrow a Pokken Tournament (serial with 000) and update to 3.0.0. Voila, 'problem' solved.

Waze0613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if, what is the problem? You can borrow a Pokken Tournament (serial with 000) and update to 3.0.0. Voila, 'problem' solved.

According to "up to 4.x exploitable, but lower firmware is better" thread (sorry I can't insert the link apparently) :

1.0.0 is the only firmware permitting an emuNAND/CFW setup.

It would be a shame to give up future exploit support on this firmware in my opinion.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
According to "up to 4.x exploitable, but lower firmware is better" thread (sorry I can't insert the link apparently) :

1.0.0 is the only firmware permitting an emuNAND/CFW setup.

It would be a shame to give up future exploit support on this firmware in my opinion.

False.

It's been said time and time again (people even want to sticky it but apparently that's not possible for whatever reason) that up to 3.0.2 you can set up emuNAND/CFW because sciresM has access to the switch's trustzone from 1 up to 3.x.

Reactions: peteruk

Waze0613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
False.

It's been said time and time again (people even want to sticky it but apparently that's not possible for whatever reason) that up to 3.0.2 you can set up emuNAND/CFW because sciresM has access to the switch's trustzone from 1 up to 3.x.

Then, why are we still making 2 "hackable" groups ?
  • 1.0.0 is the best firmware. If you're on 1.0.0, stay on 1.0.0. It will get public stuff via jamais vu on a timescale of [weeks].
  • 2.0.0 - 3.0.0 are next-best, and are interchangeable. If you're on 2.0.0-2.3.0, feel free to update to 3.0.0 for homebrew (HBL launches next week!).
For me, it means that there is something that is possible on 1.0.0 and not on higher firmwares.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
It's always been like that. Not everyone codes the same. Not everyone has the same hacking goals. Plutoo and co dont really care for much else other than Homebrew. SciresM wants to crack open the switch. The latter has always said to stay on the lowest firmware possible (for obvious reasons) while the former suggested to update to 3.0 asap unless you were on 1.0.

Of course 1.0 has something the others don't - a different entryway that has been patched on later releases. Other than that it's identical (as far as I know) to the rest.

D

Deleted-355425

Then, why are we still making 2 "hackable" groups ?
  • 1.0.0 is the best firmware. If you're on 1.0.0, stay on 1.0.0. It will get public stuff via jamais vu on a timescale of [weeks].
  • 2.0.0 - 3.0.0 are next-best, and are interchangeable. If you're on 2.0.0-2.3.0, feel free to update to 3.0.0 for homebrew (HBL launches next week!).
For me, it means that there is something that is possible on 1.0.0 and not on higher firmwares.

Not at all, just means 1.0.0 will get the solution sooner then later firmwares.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y