John Romero releases a new Doom II level to raise funds for Ukraine

FM4haEmXIAAl2SJ.jpg

John Romero, co-founder of id Software and designer on a number of classic first-person shooters including the first two Doom games, has released a new level for Doom II to raise funds for Ukraine. Called "One Humanity," this is Romero's first Doom II level since 1994, although in 2019 he released a whole game of modded levels for the original Doom called Sigil, which was well-received. Romero is currently working on Sigil 2, which will also be made using Doom II modding tools.

You can pick up One Humanity from Romero's website for €5 at this link.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why in the world would anyone support the U.N.?!? And it's not like Ukrainian people caught up in the middle of all of this are going to see any of the money any more than my black friends ever received a check from BLM. This just seems like another one of those happy clappy actions made without any discernment, just so John can feel all warm and cozy within his heart.

That said, it's a pretty damn good wad. ;)

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why in the world would anyone support the U.N.?!? And it's not like Ukrainian people caught up in the middle of all of this are going to see any of the money any more than my black friends ever received a check from BLM. This just seems like another one of those happy clappy actions made without any discernment, just so John can feel all warm and cozy within his heart.

That said, it's a pretty damn good wad. ;)
If something happens to Ukraine or Europe, people go crazy and start raising funds like mad. When something happens to the so-called "Black people" or "Black Nation" (Which I happen to be) people used to rejoice over that back in the 1600's up to modern day. You just don't see it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I kind of wish the money just went directly to the Ukraine and not to the organizations. It’s hard to support when I am not a fan of either organization that this is going towards. For context, Red Cross still has some homophobic policies and the UN doesn’t have the best track reward when it comes to war aid.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If something happens to Ukraine or Europe, people go crazy and start raising funds like mad. When something happens to the so-called "Black people" or "Black Nation" (Which I happen to be) people used to rejoice over that back in the 1600's up to modern day. You just don't see it.

I have good news for you, Wal-Mart, The Ford Foundation, NIKE, and nearly every mega corporation on the face of the planet, donated huge sums of cash to BLM after Rodney King (EDIT George Floyd) placed himself once again, in a dangerous situation within the hands of cops who themselves often lack discernment within the big cities. I know, I'm pale white and pasty and I got beat down by a couple of them once over false accusations from my drunk and belligerent white and Asian neighbors. Granted, this doesn't mean you'll get a cut for what might have happened to your ancestors, unless of course you came from Black Royalty or were not a decendant of a African POW, in which case (with one exception) your ancestors would not have endured slavery. I.E. my boss' family came her from Africa in the 1600's and married into the Black Foot tribe in South Carolina, and now her uncle is one of the heads of the current tribe.

Of course I am part native too, and I never got any reparations, nor have any of my slavic friends, or Irish friends at that.

My point? You can't base your history off of pigmentation, there is too many nuances, too much diversity, and so many details that remain neglected when one is looking soley through such a filter.

Last edited by XDel,
Reactions: Rikua

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of wish the money just went directly to the Ukraine and not to the organizations. It’s hard to support when I am not a fan of either organization that this is going towards. For context, Red Cross still has some homophobic policies and the UN doesn’t have the best track reward when it comes to war aid.

Red Cross is religion based, and the scripture it uses as it's base doesn't condone to homosexuality. It has nothing to do with fear. I am Christian and some of my friends butt fuck. It doesn't ruin my day, but I do ask that they wash their hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1