Misc Just added USB-C to my Gamepad

EnterpriseFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think that I'm the first one to do this but I still wanted to share this with you guys.
Some days ago my Gamepad charger died on me and I didn't want to get a new one so I decided to just add USB-C to it. Finally did do that today and so far it is working as expected. What do you think of this? (I am aware that I did a horrible job at cutting the chasis already)

mb.jpg

Attachments

• port.jpg
    port.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 183

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the cut really bothers you, you can get replacement gamepad shells on aliexpress, including the Wind Waker version. Anyway great mod! Well done! I just use the little charging cradle for my GamePad for the most part, so the actual port on my GamePad itself sees little action.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I need this but I don’t know how to do hardware modifications, I need USB-c for the Wii U gamepad and for my New 3DS XL!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better than the proprietary garbage of the original thing. I moved my series x over to easily access the gamepad, plus turn on via a toggle switch the vwii hdd:

20220204_143536.jpg

I have a cable for the gamepad that plugs into usb if I'm not using the charging cradle. everything else that's not using usb c, I bought an adapter for or has its own cable. not too much of a pita, but I do wish everything was uniform.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need this but I don’t know how to do hardware modifications, I need USB-c for the Wii U gamepad and for my New 3DS XL!
It's not that necessary you should get a larger battery mod rather than USB c but if you really want to use USB c get a adapter from the Wii u charging thing to USBC out and just keep it in there maybe even super glue it or smth but if you care about the battery performance get a better battery first then maybe a better charging unit.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better than the proprietary garbage of the original thing. I moved my series x over to easily access the gamepad, plus turn on via a toggle switch the vwii hdd:

View attachment 296734

I have a cable for the gamepad that plugs into usb if I'm not using the charging cradle. everything else that's not using usb c, I bought an adapter for or has its own cable. not too much of a pita, but I do wish everything was uniform.
Dang you have the set up but fr tho I don't know why nintedont put that stupid charger for it USB c mods are convenient (tho Id rather invest in a larger battery)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye