Hacking Just got first PS Vita, interested in TN-V but had a few questions...

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ashinnblunts,

Believein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this guide work to get an exploitable game without using a PS3?

http://wololo.net/2014/03/28/content-on-ps-vita-without-updating-using-proxy-or-a-ps3/

I can't just use a PC? I want to update to 3.18 for PSP/PSX emulation but I don't have a PS3.

EDIT: I see what the problem is now. I can't activate the PSN account without a PS3 or FW 3.60. That guide should work if I got my account activated though, right?

Is there any way vita-activator could be ported to something runnable on 3.18?
I don't think you are supposed to register with PSN at all... Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

As for me, I just got the PS3 in the mail so I will start updating about the progress again.

Believein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got Vita Update Blocker to work but now CMA won't detect my Vita again. Any hint on how to have it detect on the PC?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, had to redo the drivers again and reinstall CMA but it immediately connected. Now I started the CMA app on the Vita and I am at the Login Screen for Sony Network (no prompt to update firmware anymore so Vita Update Blocker appears to be working). Is it ok to register with Sony Network?

Last edited by Believein,

Believein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, can't get the TNV folder to show up when I try to copy the Saved Data (TN-V). The Vita says "There is no saved data."

Believein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the "Basegame" per the tutorial to install TV-N, is this the game that I get on the Playstation Store? The reason why I ask is because I am still on 3.18 Firmware and it is asking me to update when I try to log into the Store. Is it possible to use one of the games that I have a hard copy of (Dragon's Quest or Wolf Among Us)...

I have gotten the Vita to connect via CMA but I can't get TV-N to transfer over to the Vita..
Is this when I use the PS3?

Last edited by Believein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...