Newly CFW on PS Vita 1000 will not connect to computer or PSN. Help!!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll look into that!!! :)
Post automatically merged:

I've tried putting in images and music into the folders as shown in the above post's attached directories, but nothing shows up on the Vita. Can you show me the file directory to put those in?

Thank you! :)
you can change the directories for qcma to look in for anything.

Reactions: ILuvGames

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for all of the help that you have all lended. I'm beginning to realize that connectivity from PS Vita to PC is NOT a CMA thing, as I was expecting (does anybody's modded Vita work with Sony's CMA??? Mine doesn't, but I digress). I was at a loss at first (as in, a couple of painful and disappointing weeks), but I've just fixed the bug with Vita Homebrew Browser that I'd downloaded and installed/uninstalled several times with no working app. Just saw a video by Tech James (I'm sure that some of you, if not most of you cats know who he is). I decided to try his solution on getting the VHBB to work, and it worked BEAUTIFULLY!!! This is the v

I have, however, noted that having the Vita connected to the PC is different than having the SD2Vita card connected to the PC, as some directories have changed. Not sure of why that's the case, however, it is (or at least it is on my connection).

Still working on getting the right directory for images and videos, but I'm really starting to have fun w/ this gizmo (I still have my original Vita 1000 that is not modded), but that being said, I do have one question...

The modded Vita I have (Assassin's Creed White Version), has one flaw - the camera used for AR games (yeah, I know, yada yada yada) is somehow misaligned. Has anyone here every played an AR game called PulzAR??? It's a kind of puzzle game that is a total blast to play. Anyway, unlike my Black 1000, the modded Vita has a "tilted" look to it which makes the game impossible to play. I don't mind whipping out the 1000, but it'd be great to simply have the camera's "wonky" default camera fixed. Any replies would be welcome.

And regarding video codec compatible for the Vita, I have several movies all in .mp4 format that work flawlessly on my Black 1000, but I can't seem to get ANY of them to work on my GOODIE (modded) Vita. Not only do the .mp4 files work flawlessly on my original Vita, but even the thumbnails show up, which is just icing on the cake.

Thanks to all of you for everything! If anyone could help me out, I'm all ears! In the meantime, I'll be researching this crap on YouTube. Glad to be a part of this community and I hope to have something TO OFFER all of you soon! (Oh, and by the way, check out...)

;)

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd only use youtube for Mr. Mario or modded warfare. everything else may or may not have outdated or blatantly incorrect information. modded warfare even has dev support for his videos as he works closely with them.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for all of the help that you have all lended. I'm beginning to realize that connectivity from PS Vita to PC is NOT a CMA thing, as I was expecting (does anybody's modded Vita work with Sony's CMA??? Mine doesn't, but I digress).
Firstly, QCMA works fine with a modded vita in windows if you use the right driver. If you have CMA and QCMA installed at the same time, it has been reported that you will likely have connection issues like the one you mention as having. I would uninstall both if that is what has happened and then just install QCMA. Make sure to change the driver from 'default' to libusbK when asked what driver to use when installing QCMA and you should be good to go.

Secondly, for video playback I remember I used a plugin called video debug. That allows you play videos from the memory card without needing CMA/QCMA to transfer the files. I just copied them across to the memory card with vitashell (into the video folder I think)) and they worked fine. Not sure if it's needed any more as it's been a while since I last did it and it might not work with your sd2vita anyway.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY JUMPIN' SH!TBALLS, I DID IT!!! I FIXED THIS CRAPPY IMPASSE!!!

Sorry for the enthusiasm guys, but this issue had me stonewalled since I "altered" my PS Vita, quite a few months back. If anyone of you reading this post has been through this thread, you'd know what a pain in the butt I was having with getting my Vita to connect to my PC. Hence, without a working PSN account, you cannot connect your Vita to the PC. At least I wasn't able to. Tried QCMA with the correct driver, I tried EVERYTHING short of calling SONY, which would have been troublesome since my Vita was "altered".

So about a week ago, I saw this video on YouTube that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE by a guy who was talking about having modded his Vita about nine months ago and it was a disaster. However, he recently tried an updated version of how to mod a Vita, and he loved it. Way better than it was before, and nobody can blame him. Why I was watching him rant about a hack he didn't care for, I have no idea. I was about to close the window when ALL OF SUDDEN, HE SAID THIS:

Here is the link to the YouTube video.

The part that addresses and solved my issue is roughly 5:58 mins in, to 6:36. This is what I was looking for, without even knowing it.

This has to do with 2-step verification of one's (either) new or currently existing PSN account, and the ability (from the PSN account on your computer) to generate a random password that would give you access to the PSN.

Now, I'd tried this on my Vita before. I'd tried logging into an existing account on my Vita to gain access to my current account. I got locked out of both efforts. No matter what I did with using a "current" account, even one I'd just created 10 mins ago, it would tell me that I had to login with a 2-step authorization. However, I never, EVER got a 1) text from PSN on my phone, nor never got an 2) email from PSN (which info was ON my PSN account). When I DID try creating a NEW account ON MY VITA, I went through EVERY STEP right up until it would send me a "user-generated" password for this NEW account. I'd get that in my email, I'd try it on my Vita, and guess what? NOTHING. This was truly annoying and somewhat disconcerting.

So, as pointed out in the above video, I was watching this video in a nonchalant matter, and he said something that caught my ear: it was this business that the Vita DOES NOT employ 2-step verification AT ALL. This made a lot of sense to me due to the above reasons. So I went into an EXISTING PSN ACCOUNT, disabled 2-(BS)-Step Verification, and selected the option to generate a password from that account and plugged it into my Vita. Sumbitch, IT WORKED!!! It got me into the PSN store and I downloaded something. I tried it again, and it asked me for my account password. It didn't work. Howver, I tried the the generated password again, and it worked perfectly. Now I am logged in on my own account w/ my original password, and everything is peach keen. I now have full connectivity with my PC and this puppy is up and running!!!

I would like to thank EVERYONE in this thread who has offeerd their assistance and input, and just overall chiming in. Your kindness and expertise in this effort fills me with great gratitude. I hope now to contribute here rather than to leech.

- Huzzah!!!
Post automatically merged:

Pardon me guys & gals, I'm just too pumped up!!! :grog:

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto