Gaming Just how interested are you in the Vita?

D

Deleted User

I'll be interested once they release a game for it that I'm interested in. That's how it works with me. I swear... most of the systems I own I only bought because of Kingdom Hearts... haha I always end up finding other good games for those systems though.
me 2 ^

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it at launch from amazon with the free memory card. Got it at launch cause i am hoping it will be running homebrews and psp ISOs soon, hopefully, wont be updating FW lol. Also my PSP fat kicked the bucket, only useful part is screen and mother boards, rest is busted pretty much, even wifi. No games tickle my fancy yet either, might get F1, would love GRID as i play it A LOT on my laptop and PS3.

Anyways usually first units and revisions get cracked soonest, so imma hope for that.

D

Deleted User

early adopters that leave it sitting around the house with a lower level firmware stand the best chance of being hackable. Still, I can't bring myself to throw down ~$250 for the silly thing.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not interested in the Vita, but then again I didn't get interested in the DS and PSP until the end of their production cycles here.

One reason is the hefty price tag as I cannot justify buying a handheld for that price. 3G sounds cool and all but it is a feature that I don't even use on my cell phone and certainly wouldn't use on a handheld gaming console since I usually play single player or local multiplayer through wi-fi. I know there is a wi-fi version, but over here the system will cost $348 for wi-fi and $418 for 3G : /

The only thing that would really sway me into even considering the system would be the release of some really good RPG since that is my genre of choice. As FFX-HD will be released on Vita and PS3, I see no reason to get the vita for it since we have a PS3 already.

I suppose down the line if the system gets hacked and emulators are developed for games after the PSX era I might also look at it. I do love being able to play some of my old NES, SNES and PSX classics without needing to lug the carts/discs around with me. That was what finally made me go out and get a PSP :)

manni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get it when the price drops. I paid $200 for my ps3 I'm not paying more than that for a handheld. I'll admit the graphics are pretty but for me game-play = good story and interesting. Its like me playing FF13 just for the graphics since the story sucks (my opinion). Also when there are more games out that I am interest in.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am not interested in Gravity Rush but there are just some other titles which interest me.

*Turns on Vita and loads Dynasty Warriors NEXT*

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Picked mine up at 9am today and it is easily the best handheld I have ever played.
It's amazing I don't know how else to put it without sounding over the top lol.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Let me tell you something...

When I got my 3DS, I played with it and felt that it was the best system I ever played. However the hype died down so fast. I don't really feel like playing with it anymore after a week of purchase.

I wanted to sell it away until Nintendo announced the price slash. I don't know why but I actually felt glad with my 3DS ever since the announcement.

Now it's a different case. The games are starting to flow in. KH, RE, Mario, MH... The ones I want are flocking in. I'm starting to truly enjoy the system. As of now, I'm kinda glad I have the 3DS.

But with the Vita, it's a whole different story. It started off great but the momentum continued. I spent like a whole good week to play around the OS and right now, just about 2 months after Japanese release, there are already solid titles up for grabs. All it needs now is to continue the momentum and I'm sure it will do very well.

EDIT: double post

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one, am already grabbed into it's magnificent touch screen. For starters its a very responsive screen, and I don't know why but that just made me feel happy. the release titles were great games, and wipeout really grabbed me, and the online play is righteous! I love the layout for psn, and same with the menu. The addition of listening to your own music in game makes it feel much cooler. The whole system makes you feel as if your in the game you are playing. Parties are another amazing aspect of the vita. Talking to the people in your party while playing a game is cool. You don't even have to be that close to your vita for the other people in the party to here you, because it has good range. One thing that creeps me out about the vita though is near. The fact that you can stalk vita owners around you is kind of creepy. Although the plus to this is that you can pick up gifts from people with the same game as you, and use that gift in the same game you have as them. Overall the system is like the sexy, lean, and awesome sister of the short, and plain psp.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I was really interested in the vita at first and almost though of not getting a 3DS and just get a vita instead, But I ended up being 3DS anyway

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm going to wait a bit until the prices drop and they release games I'm really interested in because I won't make the same mistake I made buying the 3DS.
Not that I don't like my 3DS but it took a while for the good games to release.
I go for the WiFi version, don't really need to go on the internet ALL the time anyway.
But I will certainly pick it up.

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Handhelds this gen are disappointing, I'm a Nintendo fan and I still didn't buy a 3ds. I'll probably wait for 3DS XL or something, hoping it will be higher quality and better priced.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to have one, but getting like $400 (optimal for buying the system, memory card, and games) isn't exactly tangible for me. There's a few things that take priority over it. For $400 I could buy almost 8 brand new recently released games for my Xbox 360.

Income isn't exactly regular for me either and I need to keep up with Xbox Live and Netflix payments as well. Plus I need to eventually get some headphones, a laptop, etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SenorED, wut