raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RP: You've developed the super short battery problem? That blows. :-/

I haven't run my battery close enough to dry on my S7100 since I discovered the problems it causes, I'd almost forgotten about how bad it is when you do. That is definitely one of the S7100's biggest failings and to have the battery problem on top of that, I can understand why your pissed w/ JXD. To be honest this S7100C BS has me more than a little irritated. I find the claim the current models can't run ICS a very hard thing to believe. If/when I buy another tablet it probably won't be one of theirs w/ that sort of crap being their MO.
Yeah :/ I've kinda "fixed" it with long charges (12+ hours) via USB. It only gives me 3-4 hours of gaming, but well, I can cope with that.

I try to keep my S7100B always with more than 10%, but sometimes happens that I forget about it (mostly because it turns on and off randomly on its own while in the drawer - and that kills the battery in a day max even if unused).

Same here. I can't see myself buying another JXD product. I'd even get a random Droid X360 thing instead, but sure as heck I'm not going with JXD again.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into buying a JXD7100 at one point in time, the thing that swayed me against it was the lack of shoulder buttons, if not for that one thing it would make an awesome portable SNES and GBA emulator or Sega Genesis with the 6 button pad.

Still looks like a lot of fun but for emulation not having enough buttons really puts it into the "meh" category for me.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I don't miss shoulder buttons as much as I thought... But keep in in mind, I mostly use my PSP's for PSX emulation. Having them mapped to the screen isn't so bad for SNES emulation for example, as shoulder buttons on said console were often under utilized in a huge part of its library. Even when playing Putty Squad (a game that uses the shoulder triggers extensively) some clever remapping makes the game quite playable. For GBA, just map them to the two extra buttons on the face of the S7100 (GBA's have only two face buttons - excluding start and select of course, but the S7100 has those too). The N64 controller, OTOH, is an unholy creation of the dark lord and proves to be a bit more problematic to find a workable solution. Genesis is fine as long as you keep it to the 3 button controller. Neo Geo only ever had 4 buttons. Anything older is at best two buttons (and maybe a number pad which is obviously mapped to the screen: e.g. Coleco/Intellivision).

Other than 6 button fighters, not many arcade games have more than 3 or 4 buttons, so even MAME is pretty set in that area. And since my "fighter" style is primarily "jab" or "fierce" I can re-map the middle buttons to the screen w/o really effecting my enjoyment or ability to crush all who dare stand before me... I mean play enjoyably.

Even w/ PSX emulation though, just to test it I played quite a bit of Soul Reaver quite successfully w/ the triggers mapped to the touch screen.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_