[K]WANZAAKAHMAS ART CONTEST!!!

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In honor of Kwanzaakahmas, another art contest will be held! Here are the rules:

CREATE SOMETHING THAT RECALLS A PAST CHRISTMAS MEMORY YOU HAVE (P.S. you can make it up, and I won't even know, DERP). (P.S.S Hanukkah memories are accepted too. And Kwanzaa. And Wiccanmas. And whichever other ones I'm forgetting). Also, the GBAtemp mascot dude must appear in the piece somewhere at least once, doesn't have to be big, can be a tiny part of the whole thing BE CREATIVE. The GBAtemp mascot dude is the floating head at the top of the website. (high-res version of mascot is HEREhttp://gbatemp.net/t51083-gbatemp-mascot-v2)

Entries are UNLIMITED. Enter as many times as you want.

All types of art submissions are welcome, not just drawing and sketching! REALLY, I'M OPEN TO ANYTHING! Here's a few suggestions:

-> You can draw it, digitally or traditionally. If you create a traditional piece, scan it in or take a picture of it!

-> You can create a craft (a Popsicle-stick scene or knit a sweater or some shit, I DON'T KNOW) and take a pictures of it!

-> Bake out your story in the form of muffins and cookies and cakes and shit with the power of yeast! (...infections LOL)

-> Sing a song or create some type of interpretive hippie dance with ribbons

-> Write a poem about how the world just doesn't understand and Christmas is black, crawling, crawling in your skin
(quite literally "/emo")

-> Take a photograph and make it look pretty with glitter text and blinking hearts and duck-lips and GOD NO. But srsly, photos are accepted.

-> Draw a full-on comic book or SOMETHING THAT REMINDS ME OF MY JAPANESE ANIMU'S
*pees on floor*

ABOVE ALL, I WANT YOU TO TELL ME A STORY. And I want to like it.

But what about the prizes?!

1ST PLACE WINS A STEAM GAME OF THEIR CHOOSING VALUED AT $60 OR LESS (OR COMBINATION OF GAMES THAT EQUALS $60)

2ND PLACE WINS A STEAM GAME OF THEIR CHOOSING VALUED AT $40 OR LESS (OR COMBINATION OF GAMES THAT EQUALS $40)

3RD PLACE WINS A STEAM GAME OF THEIR CHOOSING VALUED AT $20 OR LESS (OR COMBINATION OF GAMES THAT EQUALS $20)

So really, you can't lose. You can't fucking lose. Really.

(A combination of both the Xmas memory AND artistic interpretation will be taken into consideration. So wipe those tears away, grab a crayon, and draw me some stick-people!)

GET GOING!!! THE DEADLINE IS THE LAST NANOSECOND OF THE LAST SECOND OF THE LAST MINUTE OF CHRISTMAS EVE!!! (11:59 pm 12/24 in other words) 2 whole weeks to enter!

---> CLICK HERE FOR THE EXACT DEADLINE TIME IN YOUR AREA!http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...&day=24&year=2010&hour=23&min=55&sec=0&p1=137

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about Hanukkah?
ohnoes.png

Anyway, I'll try.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
iFish said:
[M said:
artin]
iFish said:
What about Hanukkah?
ohnoes.png

Anyway, I'll try.
KwanzaaKAHmas.

'Tis the season to not read.

I did read.

CREATE SOMETHING THAT RECALLS A PAST CHRISTMAS MEMORY YOU HAVE
Sorry :s
he's not talking about the meaningless religious event, more of the newer family orientated image it's been getting.
You know, the sort of thing that produced this:

or this

I'm sure no religious discrimination was intended, so can we please stay on topic

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
I did read.

QUOTE said:
CREATE SOMETHING THAT RECALLS A PAST CHRISTMAS MEMORY YOU HAVE
Sorry :s
Ohhhh, THAAAT. I'm sorry for that one, I misunderstood.

Hanukkah memories are accepted too. And Kwanzaa. And Wiccanmas. And whichever other ones I'm forgetting.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
It could just be a "still photo" drawing of a fond/made up memory.
Probably.
Yes, yes it can.

As usual, I'm fairly open and laid back when it comes to entries. If you are unsure, ask a question or submit it anyway, I'll most likely approve...

Edit: Kind of afraid only 1 or 2 people are gonna enter this...
unsure.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, people have 2 weeks to do this.
I expect the vast majority will be last minute entries either because...they're literally last minute entries or some people used all the time they had to make something.

S'how it usually goes.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
bowling.png

my entry about one time when i was young and accidentally hurled my present through a window in the form of a comic strip

note:just because it looks like shit, does not mean i didn't put effort into it
note2:there is a tempy hidden in the smashed window..
LESSON:
DON'T THROW SHIT AT WINDOWS

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
What I got on our School Christmas Party. For teh lulz.

We had a mix-up of names. I had no idea who I got at first, then I saw it was my wacko friend, Chris. He’s weird in all ways that you’d never want to know him. But what am I doing? I’m actually sharing him to all of you reading this.

Okay whatevs. At first, I wrote on my wishlist, a CD of Tear Down the Walls by Hillsong which is 2x the price of the minimum gift
smileipb2.png
I knew who picked me and she was my teacher.
ohmy.gif

I giggled when I heard her reaction like, “OMGWTF THIZ IZ ZO $$$$.” And was like, TROLLFACE.JPG :>
trollface.jpg
BUUUUT. We had to do the draw lots AGAIN since there was something messed up. (FUCK YOU NATURE!) I wrote up, “BENCH BODY SPRAY.” That thing’s cheap and not costly! Even an 11 year old can look for that! [oops. Not really.
ohmy.gif
]

Here comes the moment of truth. The mediocre OR BORING Christmas party -_-‘’
It’s sleep worthy actually. But there was food you know! I AM always hungry after all. But oh! We had the exchange gift already! YAYZ I’M SO EXCITEEED until I found out that I received a BUNCH of SILLY, SMALL colognes for babies that I WISH I NEVER HAD. You did well again Chris. Thanks a bunch.
I cried inside and outside, but my LOVEY DOVEY BEST FRIEND gave me her body spray which smells wonderful :3
She was really nice and I fell in love with her kindness
wub.gif
If I could I'd share her facebook but I don't want any of you STALKING her because she's had too much already
rolleyes.gif

mascot_v2_bigger.png

That's enough for my story. Next is my drawing coming up tomorrow
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It was lame. Like the goal was to earn badges/patches to wear on your uniform. Stupid.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo was the only thing that made the scouts seem cool back then
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm for me it was Golden Eye or Tribes on PC can't remember which was first.
    Next on MXC Choir Boys VS Boy Scouts!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That would be funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'd prefer to be a boy scout you go in a alter boy you leave with demons
    +1
    Ken someone needs to make Scooby Doo and Zoo School lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby doo and the alter scout
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who did this to you it was a priest zoinks!
    Scooby Doo and Micheal Jackson save Christmas, they team up to help Santa. Micheal Jackson makes sure all the boys are asleep for Santa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I can picture the unmasking, "Lets see who molested you scooby..."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Scooby fights off the allegations of fox and cnn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean it wasn't the scout master it was the priest?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean it wasn't the scout master it was the priest? +1