Kid Game Designer

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,771
  • Replies 67
D

Deleted User

OP
My name on this forum will be "Kid Game Designer" until I can reveal my full name without my parents freaking out. I am (currently) a twelve year old that LOVES games, especially RPG ones from Nintendo. I also have a blog that will keep my portfolio. This blog will (hopefully) be about my adventures so I can be a game designer.
I don't care how old or mature you may think you are but you shouldn't be on GBAtemp or any discussion forum in general at this age. Oh and I guarantee you that the second you find out that developing games isn't as fun as you think, you'll abandon this silly idea.
...You're joking right? I've been browsing forums since I was 10. We have 10 year olds who browse the forums now. GTFO if they aren't allowed.

Also, his idea isn't "silly". It's something he aspires to be, whether it happens or not all depends on him. So...GTFO.
Lurking is different from posting. By all means, there's nothing wrong with reading posts and articles but he's too damn young to be posting on a forum.

And yeah, his idea is pretty silly but I'm not going to try and stop him. He'll abandon it himself once he realizes that.
Hey, when I was a kid I wanted to be a game designer, and you were right it's hard, But it's certainly MORE FUN if not just as fun making them than playing them, and guess what? I still want to be a game designer.

It's nothing wrong to have dreams you know.

Thank you for all of your responses. I think I'm going to get overloaded with posts on this forum, and fast. O_O I've never been on a forum this active...

Reactions: 1 person

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
"Don't kill their dreams. Don't say No before saying 'Let's give it a try and see if it will work'. Goals and dreams may not necessarily work but don't kill it without giving it a chance to work."

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Ok...let me rephrase that. I was actively posting on 3 or 4 different forums at the age of 10. WE HAVE MULTIPLE MEMBERS HERE WHO POST THAT ARE AT THE AGE OF 10. GTFO.
Your point is? At the age of 10, you shouldn't be chatting on any sort of forum. You're not fully developed yet. Oh and the fact that we have members that young here on GBAtemp does show. There's a reason we have so many dumb (for lack of a better word) posts here.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok...let me rephrase that. I was actively posting on 3 or 4 different forums at the age of 10. WE HAVE MULTIPLE MEMBERS HERE WHO POST THAT ARE AT THE AGE OF 10. GTFO.
Your point is? At the age of 10, you shouldn't be chatting on any sort of forum. You're not fully developed yet. Oh and the fact that we have members that young here on GBAtemp does show. There's a reason we have so many dumb (for lack of a better word) posts here.
My point is age has nothing to do with the maturity of a person. This kid is TONS more mature than any other 12 year old I've met, even if he is just acting.

So how about you just GTFO already?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
My point is age has nothing to do with the maturity of a person. This kid is TONS more mature than any other 12 year old I've met, even if he is just acting.
I was very mature at the age of 8. Does that mean I should be posting a forum with people that are at least twice my age?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
wait, let's not fight over this.
i agree with soulx at one point. at the age of 10 MOST people shouldn't be on a forum yet. but there'll be some exceptions.
the part where i agree with supr is you shouldn't push them all away, they're still learning, and there are a few who'd be willing to learn, it's a chance to teach them.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
As long as you're mature about it and know what you're doing, sure.
The simple fact is that at the age of 10, you're not fully developed yet. You don't have the same understanding of things as someone who is older. It doesn't matter if you think you're mature and old enough to be on one. You simply aren't.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You're right, it depends on the community and how they react to what said person says. Overall, I'm sure most members here can already sense an overwhelming amount of maturity for someone at his age. You seem to be the only person who thinks he's too young to be on a forum.

D

Deleted User

OP
On the point of the "Should a 12-year old mature guy be on a forum?" question, I agree that it all depends on maturity. Heck, I don't care if an 8 year old is on this forum as long as he's MATURE. Again, I'm not annoying anybody, and I already have experiences from bad forums (*looks at IGN*), and I hope you can just deal with it. I'm not saying you should "GTFO", but you should at least wait to see if I'm really killing the forum experience....

And yes, I won't try to overdo projects, although sometimes I get a little giddy. :lol:

D

Deleted User

OP
You know what? Everybody stop arguing against everybody. We all have different opinions, and we all have different arguments. But for the sake of being on topic. PLEASE PM me if you want to fight over how old a person should be to be on a forum. In my opinion, it depends on maturity, community, and topic.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
*snip

On the point of the "Should a 12-year old mature guy be on a forum?" question, I agree that it all depends on maturity. Heck, I don't care if an 8 year old is on this forum as long as he's MATURE. Again, I'm not annoying anybody, and I already have experiences from bad forums (*looks at IGN*), and I hope you can just deal with it. I'm not saying you should "GTFO", but you should at least wait to see if I'm really killing the forum experience....

And yes, I won't try to overdo projects, although sometimes I get a little giddy. :lol:
I think you should ask yourself, would your parents condone of this?
If not, leave.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

I think you should ask yourself, would your parents condone of this?
If not, leave.
You are being too harsh on the kid man, let it go, this can be discuss later.

At least not on his Welcoming thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: